Explanations

**Thank you for the amount reads and votes. : ). Just FYI I update every other Saturday if you wanna keep track of my updates. Thanks again and enjoy.**

***

"After the shit you pulled at the party, I think I deserve an explanation."

Aaron rolled his eyes and continued eating like I hadn't said anything.

After I went home last night, Aaron climbed into my bed at three o'clock in the morning. He'd woken me up, but I didn't say anything, and I didn't fall asleep after that. The events of the night before kept replaying in my mind like a freaking movie.

And while I doubt he actually got much sleep, it was annoying that didn't try to talk to me about the situation.

We got out of bed in the morning, and he wouldn't even talk to me. He got dressed then sat in the kitchen waiting for me to make breakfast.

I made pancakes and eggs and served them to him hoping he'd talk to me. When he didn't, I snapped completely.

"Hello? Do you not hear me?"

He stared blankly at me. "I hear you."

"Then why the hell are you not answering me?"

He had the nerve to get annoyed. "What do you want me to say, Kyra?"

I threw my hands up in exasperation. "I want you to explain why you decked someone at your daughter's birthday party."

He stood up and with two large strides, he was in front of me. He dipped his head, so we were face to face. "I decked him because he's a horrible person. He showed his face at my baby's party, and I didn't like that."

"I'm just trying to understand, Aaron," I said softly.

He frowned as dark memories clouded his thoughts. "I was abused by a family member. I came to him, and he did nothing. Absolutely nothing. He didn't even tell my mother because he thought I was lying."

His eyes bore into mine, and I could see the hurt. The hurt that he hadn't dealt with, it was still there, and it was haunting him.

"He cheated on my mom repeatedly and then left her to raise me and my sister by herself." He let out a bitter laugh that sent a shiver down my spine. "I hate him, Kyra. He didn't protect me and he sure as hell didn't protect my mom or my sister. But I have to move on or I'll lose my mind."

My lips parted, and his eyes were drawn to them then back to my face. "Maybe you should deal with it."

He shook his head. "Tried that. Couldn't control my anger."

"Well, keeping it bottled up isn't helping you. You're angry just thinking about it."

His nostrils flared as if to prove my point. "My mom forgave him, and they carried on as if nothing happened."

I hated that for him. I even disliked his mother because of it, but he had to work through his emotions. I wasn't sure if I could help him do that.

"Aaron—"

"I'm done with this conversation. I have to be at the gym soon. Are you going to give me something before I go?"

"Give you what?"

He lifted an eyebrow. "We'll call it a stress reliever."

Finally catching on, I rolled my eyes at him. "How much time do you have?"

He checked his phone. "An hour."

"Let's shower." He smirked as I turned on my heel and started walking down the hall.