Explaining

🔥Natsu's P.O.V🔥

We all climbed back into my car, the air was tense and everyone was silent. I dropped everyone off, one by one to their houses, then went back home with Lucy who looked like she was about to cry.

"Look, I know I might seem mad at you Luce but-"

"Don't call me that. I don't remember who calls me that name and I don't want to hear it until I remember." Lucy mumbled, gritting her teeth as she tried not to burst in tears.

"... But I'm not mad. I'm just scared. Terrified. Unstable when I think of loosing you to depression, suicide, insanity. I've never actually been mad at you ever. Just scared, so I might come off as mad." I explained, hoping this would calm her. It seemed to work though, because her breathing evened out and she was less tense.

I pulled up to the house and we walked inside. Lucy tried to hurry upstairs, but I pulled her straight back down and sat her on the couch next to me.

"What story do you want to hear now?" I asked, trying to get her mind of this for now.

"... Why do you care? What about me made you care about me so much that you make me feel like a burden to other's around me?" She asked.

"That's more of a question than a story."

"Answer it."

"Very well. It's gonna be a little difficult to answer that one, but I'll try." I stammered, not knowing how to tell her without giving away that I'm her lover. She still doesn't fully remember me and I don't want to force that memory back earlier than for what's she's ready for.

"Just give me the bare minimum then." She said.

"Well, before you lost your memories, you and I were really close. I knew what made you upset, and what didn't. You knew what made me upset, and what triggered me. Basically, we knew each other well and cared for each other a lot. Neither of us could bare the thiuht of loosing each other." I tried to explain, struggling for words in the process.

"It sounds like we were more than friends." She caught on.

Crap! Is she ready to remember?! I thought as I began to sweat.

"I can't answer that." I said, even though that technically wasn't a question.

"Why do you act a lot like him?" She then asked.

"Like who?"

"The person I loved. You act so much like him, but I don't know if you are him or if he's someone else. All I remember about him clearly... Is literally nothing. I re!ember what he's said, but not his voice. I don't emember his face, his hair, what he wore or anything like that! I just remember how he acted, and it's a lot like you. Are you him, or not?" She asked bluntly.

"I'm not allowed to answer that. The doctor said that you have to remember things on your own. If a memory is forced then it could shatter, and never be found again." I explained. The one part I never mentioned to anyone. If they knew, that's probably do the opposite.

"O-oh... But I want to know." She said, letting out a yawn.

"I think that you should take a nap. You get tired easily after a long talk." I laughed, remembering his she would pass out if we talked for a long time.

"Fine." 

She got up to go to her room, but nope!

"You're sleeping down here where I can see you. I don't want you back into your room until I clean it out." I said. She looked like she understood and lied down on the couch and fell asleep.

Please remember soon Luce. I miss you. I thought, silently crying to myself as I went to her room to check if anything else was being hidden.