Why

🔑Lucy's P.O.V🔑

Natsu didn't let go of my waist after that. I was terrified to the bone at his behavior, but at the same time, I wasn't scared. I felt like I was being protected by someone close to me. But i hardly know Natsu! Wait, if I hardly know him, then why do I talk to him so openly? Why do I feel like I can tell him anything, if I just barely know him? 

"Hey, we need to get the girls and leave. My car's your ride home and Lucy and I need to have a serious talk back home." Natsu said as we walked up to the boys who were sitting in the food court.

Where were those guys when I was looking for them earlier?! I thought angrily. They looked at Natsu's tense face and the way that he was holding me and they looked confused.

"What's wrong with her?" Gajeel asked.

"Red still clouds her mind." Natsu said grimly. The boys seemed to understand immediately after that and we all walked off to find the girls. We finally found them in a fitting room area. Levy was admiring an orange dress she found. Erza was coming out of a changing stall with a silky red dress. And Juvia was spinning about in a short skirted blue dress she found. They all turned to us and looked confused at all of their tense faces; Natsu still hasn't released me from his grasp.

"Is everything ok?" Erza questioned while Levy and Juvia went to change back.

"Lucy and I need to go home now. She's not fully sane after all." Natsu said firmly. Erza looked shocked as she stared at me with sorrowful eyes.

"I understand. Hurry up girls!" She called. Seconds later, they came back out and left their dresses there.

"Wait. Weren't you going to get those?" I asked.

"We were, but you're more important to us, so we don't mind leaving them behind." Levy smiled at me, although I could tell that she really wanted that dress. I can tell that Juvia did too. They didn't get what they wanted because of me. Why would they do that? I'm just a burden. They don't need to dwell on me. They don't need to stop what they love for me. So why? Why do they do it?

Why does Natsu care so much?