This Has To Stop

🔥Natsu's P.O.V🔥

I watched Lucy walk around the mall. I watched her the whole time she was helping that little girl, and it made me happy. The one thing that stood out though, was when she left the small child with her mother. Lucy seemed to space out. She walked away and sat at a table and stared off to space. I decided that I would show myself now.

I walked up to her and sat down across from her.

"So, you find anything you wanted?" I asked, smiling at her.

"Natsu, why?" She asked, her expression was grim and her hands were clenched.

"What do you mean? Are you ok Luce?"

Her eyes widened when I said that. Her hands started shaking and tears were forming.

"Can we walk? Please?" She said, getting up and looking down. I pressed my lips together as I tried to think of what was going on in her mind. What's she was trying to remember, or what she's thinking about her memories.

"OK. Let's go to the small courtyard this mall has." I suggested, holding out my hand for her to take. She hesitantly took my hand and I led her to the doors that led outside, where no one was because it was now beginning to rain.

"I dont want to go back inside. I want to talk to you alone, where I know no one's listening." She said. I sighed, but took her to a table with an umbrella attached to it. We took our seats and I waited for her to speak.

"Are you going to say something Luce?"

"That name. I know it's mine, and I know who gave me that name, but why?" She said, clenching her fists again.

"Well, it's a nickname for you. It's-"

"No. I know that. I mean: why can't I remember you?" She clarified.

"I don't know Lucy. I honestly can't answer that for you." I mumbled.

"Why do I exist, if I'm only going to be tortured?" she whimpered. This caught my attention and I looked up at her. Her eyes were overflowing with tears, but her expression was tense. She had on the same face she did when she tried to shoot herself.

Anger.

Fear.

Agony.

Wishful.

I saw all of those expressions on her face right now.

"What do you mean? Everyone has a purpose to live a happy life. It's up to you to keep it happy." I said.

"Well I'm pretty sure my life's being controlled. First my mom's murdered and taken away from me. Then my dad abuses me for so long. I find someone to help me, but end up hurting them, so I nearly kill myself because of it. And now I can't even remember you. The one I love is blurred out of my mind. If you ask me, I have a pretty good reason to die."

I didn't hesitate. I pulled her next to me and didn't let her go.

"What do you have in your pockets? Be honest, because I'll find out soon enough if you were lying." I demanded. She shook in my grasp and went numb.

"A glass shard I found in my room. It was in a box that I labeled 'Emergency Punishment'. I used it a lot in high school, and happened to feel the need that I would need it soon." She admitted, still shaking in my grasp. With out a second thought I went into her left pocket and indeed found the glass shard. I threw it at a trash can and stood up, still holding Lucy, but holding her in a side hug way.

"We're gathering everyone and going home we need to talk. Don't you dare think that I'm going to let you go now, 'cause I'm not." I said in a threatening voice. She seemed scared, but her face showed guilt. She knew what she did wrong and understood my actions. 

This has to stop.