Remember!

FLASHBACKS FROM ALL BOOKS IN THIS CHAPTER!! I'LL TELL YOU WHERE THEY'RE FROM!! BUT FLASHBACKS WILL APPEAR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🔥Natsu's P.O.V🔥

"... Who are you?" Lucy asked. I froze in my tracks. My jaw left open, and my eyes holding tears under my shaded bangs. She didn't know me. She's completely forgotten about me. She doesn't even know my face, my hair, my name. 

Nothing.

"L-Lucy? You know me. Pl-please!" I said, collapsing onto the ground. She looked down at me, and I looked up at her.

"N-N... Na..." She tried saying. 

"I know you. No, I don't. Na... What was the name she said earlier!! I know it! Nat..." Lucy stuttered. I started to gain some hope. She tried saying my name, she just needed help. 

Before I could say anything, the doctor took me out of the room for a minute while everyone else spent time with Lucy.

"She didn't completely forget you. The sedative she was under only numbed some of her brain cells that held memories, particularly ago you. All of her other memories were either left alone, or slightly damaged. Not damaged enough for her to forget though." She explained.

"So how do I get her to remember me?! She knows my name! She's trying to say it!" I said, holding back the tears that flooded my eyes into a blurry vision.

"If you tell her your name, she'll most likely remember for a few minutes, then completely forget it. You'll have to tell her everyday. Spend time with her. Do the things you used to do together until she starts remembering. The memories are still there, just not on. Like a light. They're just turned off and lost electricity."

"That's it? All I have to do is be around her and hope she remembers?"

"Yes, but take it slow. She knows you, but for now, you're a stranger. Go on and introduce yourself. See if that sparks anything." She said, opening the door back up. I walked inside and everyone saw my worried expression. They looked at each other and nodded. One by one, they left the room with me and Lucy.

"Lucy? You mind if I talk to you for a while?" I asked, more shyly than I had hoped for.

"I don't mind. Sit down." She said, pointing at the chair next to her bed. I sat down and she stared at me.

"Lucy? Are you ok?" I asked. She didn't answer. She reached for my hand and I took hers. Her hand felt like ice as she trembled in my grasp.

"A machine. An painful machine, forcing air in me. There was someone here. Someone holding my hand like this. It wasn't Erza. It wasn't Gray. It wasn't Gajeel, Levy, Juvia. No one. I feels like it was you, but I don't know you. What's your name?" She said, looking at me with her watery, chocolate eyes.

"It's Natsu. Does that trigger any memories?" I hoped.

"N..at..su. Nat...su. Natsu. I know that name. But I don't know it. I know that it means something to me, but I don't know what. The doctor mentioned something earlier with the same name, but I don't remember anything she said. Natsu. Please don't let me forget that name. Help me remember who it is I'm thinking of."

"I promise. I'll help you remember everything about Natsu, and why he means so much to you." I said.

She eventually fell asleep, so I gently laid her hand by her side and walked out. While she slept, I wished that she'd dream about me. Something to jog her memory.

🔑Lucy's P.O.V🔑

"Why are you panicking? It's not like you'll be grounded for being at a boys house. Were working on a project, so you parents shouldn't go all hectic." (Book 1, After School)

"Fine, but I'm walking you home from now on. You can't stop me." (Book 1, What Can I Do?)

"Because you don't deserve to die! No one does!" (Book 1, SHUT UP! I LOVE YOU)

"As much as I like to think that you're over that kind of stuff, I know you're not. That's why I go insane. You're not fully sane yourself." (Book 2, She's Hurt)

"I know that, but something about what you're doing now seems off! I feel like you want to talk to me about something, but you refuse to!" (Book 2, I Hate Fighting)

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were hurting. I didn't know that you didn't feel loved. I didn't know that you were jealous as a normal human being should be. I'm sorry. You are my Lucy trust me on that! And I do love you! I would and will do anything to prove to you that I love you more than myself. You're my Queen! You mean more to me than anything because you're mine, just as I am yours!" (Book 2, This Is Why)

"Nothing's wrong with you. You're perfect the way you are. Now, I need to get going for school. Be alive when I come back." (Book 3, First Week Pain)

"Shh. Calm down Lucy. You don't have to do it of you don't want to. They were too worried to realize how terrifying a surgery like this is." (Book 3, Live For Luce)

"Yeah. I know. But in return, you can't go and let her die in the process. I want her alive and well after this." (Book 3, Live For Luce)

I jolted upright in my bed as I woke. His voice. I know this voice! I had heard it earlier today. It was Na.. Nat.. Something! I know these voices! He plays an important part in my life! But what is it?! Who is he to me? What purpose does he have in my life? Why was my heart racing when I held his hand earlier? His salmon hair covering his sorrowful eyes. I meant something to him, and he means something to me...

But what is it?! I want to remember!!