Chapter 30: Consequences.

Song for this chapter:
The Way I am
Artist:
Eminem

************************************

Emma POV:

I was shacking with absolute terror from my spot on the ground where the beast had just been on top of me.

I could smell Jacob's scent looming in the air and I knew he was here.

I was so relieved. Without him coming to my aid I would have been a goner.

I laid there in a petrified state replaying the conversation in my head because something seemed off.

The Odin I had met who seemed kind and caring and a genuinely good person went from that to blood thirsty monster within seconds.

But why?

I ignored the burning sensations in my shoulder biting back my screams of pain knowing Jacob was already mad enough based on the snarls and growls and sounds of teeth snapping that seemed to bounce off the surrounding trees.

I furrowed my brows as I blocked everything else out and really thought about everything said in the conversation we had before all hell broke loose.

** mini flashback**

"My name is Odin.... What's your name?" He asks gently.

"My name is Emma... but um can i ask you a quick question?" I say softly.

"Ask away." He says.

"Um Why do you smell like Alpha Jacob?..." I ask.

"Well you see little lady.... I'm his Father." He answers.

"It's alright Emma. I knew who you were I just didn't want to intimidate you or scare you. But apparently it is a good thing you ran into me because otherwise you could have gotten hurt." He says.

*after a moment*

"So where were you off to in such a hurry that your feet got to far ahead of you?" He asked.

"I was trying to get out of here." I answer.

"What do you mean you are trying to get out of here? Are you abandoning my son? HE has been absolutely worried sick and acting like a girl on her period while stressing over you. So you better not be expecting me to allow you to walk away from him..." He then said a little softer, " You are the absolute best thing that has happened to my son. Never in so many years have i seen him this happy and.... Alive. He has had a rough past and a hard life growing up. People have left him before and it wasn't his fault but it left him hurting. He doesn't show it because he is a damn good leader, a damn good warrior, and one of the most honorable men you will ever meet." I was crushed at the thought of my son not being happy and sadness laced my tone when I said, " Don't walk away from him because of something the dumbass did or said or didn't say. Please give him a chance. You brought something back to life inside him. Please don't leave him... Please.." He begs.

"I wasn't going to leave him. I just met him and already the thought of walking away from him is unfathomable. I was just trying to get outside. I was hoping for some fresh air and nature over needles and cold sterile air." I say softly.

"Would you like to go for a walk?... I'm sorry for getting on your case. I was wrong. Perhaps a clean slate would be best." He says.

"I would love that." I answer.

"I am so happy to be out of that room." I say happily.

He chuckled again. "I'm sure."