Chapter 16

Enjoy the update :)

Song for this chapter is "Without You" by Breaking Benjamin. It's amazing. You should listen to it :)

************************************

Jacob POV

I couldn't help the worry and anger that surged through me when I was walking toward the infirmary where my Emma was located. It was like waves crashing down on me and throwing me back and forth like a volleyball. It was unbearable. I needed to be near her. I needed to be with her. I needed her scent that was already like home to me. Just a whiff of it would calm me down instantly. I was walking through the doors of the infirmary and Emma's blood was prominent in the air.

Panic surged through me instantly. My heart clenching at the thought of her being hurt or something wrong had me running down the halls searching for her room and tracing her scent as I ran.

Once I came across the door where her scent was most prominent I threw open the door and shut it behind me.

My eyes jumped from Emma's terror stricken face to my men that was protecting her and then to me who was the closest to her.

My eyes began flashing back and forth between black and gold as my wolf was trying to surface and we were struggling for a power control before my eyes settled on what I am sure was a blazing lava like golden color. My eyes were locked on him and in a menacing combination of a growl and snarl I said,"Get. Away. From. MY. Mate. NOW."

My snarl bouncing off the walls so loudly the room seemed to shake.

I heard him gulp and ever so slowly he stood up and moved to the left of Emma. My eyes were still locked on him but then my gaze shifted to Emma's face and instantly all traces of my  anger vanished. Instantly. I sat down on the chair beside her and gently took her hand in mine. As if I were afraid that if I were too touch her too roughly I might break her with the daintiest of touches. Immediately all terror on her face vanished and I saw tears gather in her eyes.

I pressed a gentle kiss to her hand and began whispering words into her ears quiet enough to where only we could hear.

Ever so quietly I explained to her my reason for leaving her so abruptly after she told me she was blind. It broke my heart to have her so upset with me. It was as if I were being burned in the fiery pits of hell itself and having my heart wrenched from my chest and then crushed slowly. The pain was too unbearable for Alaric and I.

"Emma.. I wasn't upset when I found out you were blind.. It is because my men needed me .. the attack and everything... it was so abrupt and.. and it happened so unexpectedly... I was so afraid you would hate me because you thought I wouldn't want you ... If you thought so little one, it was a misunderstanding.." Tears were in my eyes as I pressed her palm against my cheek and I kissed her palm and said," I would never leave you Emma... Now that I have finally found you, I don't ever want to lose you.."

A few tears fell from my eyes and shock and I am supposing guilt crossed over her features instantly.

She then spoke in a tiny voice as I stared at her pale beautiful face and said,"So you do want me?? .... You won't leave me just because I'm... because I'm blind?" Her voice broke at the end and my heart broke along with it.

I shook my head no and said,"Never Emma.. Never. You would have to rip my heart from my chest and reject me and I would still want you even then."

She smiled happily and tears came down her face faster and she threw her arms around me as some of her tears soaked my shirt and I slowly wrapped my arms around her tiny frame ever so cautiously. I rubbed her back extremely gently and nuzzled her neck breathing in her intoxicating scent of vanilla and strawberries. Her scent surrounded me entirely and was so pleasureful my wolf was trembling with happiness. When she pulled away she wiped her face and said while her tiny shoulders shook with laughter and said, "I never did thank you properly for saving me... again.."