Chapter 16

Harry's POV

"So Harry." I gave Liam a bored look as I turned to see him over my shoulder.

"What?" I asked, Liam and Zayn had just turned up at mine and Niall's place, they didn't say why but I had a feeling they were about to tell me.

"How have you been?" I heard Liam asked, I turned around with both their teas in my hand, placing them on the kitchen island.

"You seriously came here to ask how I was?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"Well, uh no, but we still want to know how you are."Liam went on.

"Fine, so why are you here?" I asked bluntly, already annoyed with their presence, I was planning on having a quiet day as Niall was at work.

I leaned onto the kitchen island as Liam and Zayn took a seat on the stools. "We want you to talk to Louis." Zayn blurted.

My eyes widened, "Why would I talk to him?"

"He's depressed Harry, I know you still care about him, the only time he goes out is work and for the doctors." Liam told me, frowning at the end.

"Whys he go to the doctors?" I was curious and concerned despite what they both might think.

"That's all you got, it's been two bloody months since you last saw him, and don't think we don't know, we both know how rude and cruel you an. Niall were to him at the baby shop, you've destroyed him Harry and the least you can fucking do is talk to him." Liam raged at me. I still even now feel bad for the way I've treated him but I can't change that.

"I can't see him." I sighed in regret.

"Why the fuck not?" Zayn seethed.

"He hates me, and Niall will hate me." I looked down.

"You're a fucking coward Harry, that's all you are." Liam stood from the stool.

"I know. Bloody hell."

"I'm just fucking glad Louis actually has someone special in his life who he cares about" Liam went to walk out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"Wait." I called grabbing his arm. "Louis had a boyfriend?"

Liam shook his head. "What's it matter Harry you won't talk to him either way."

"So he had a girlfriend." I came to that conclusion quickly.

"No Harry." Liam sounded bored.

"Then what, is he fucking engaged? married? I don't know, tell me." I was becoming increasingly more confused and annoyed.

"That's for him to tell you so you better talk to him." Zayn spoke up. There was a long pause

"I'll talk to him." I said as they were about to leave my voice quieter than normal.

"You mean that?" Zayn raised his eyebrow.

"Yes, bloody hell I'll text him."

"Good. See you soon Harry, and if you're mean to Louis again I will happily come here and beat you." Liam warned and I had no doubt in my mind he mean every word.

The door shut and I sank down to the sofa my head in my hands thousands of thoughts running through my mind, but three stuck out to me the most, Louis was depressed, visiting a doctor and had someone else special to him in his life. I sat for about an hour wondering what it could possibly all mean and the best and most logical answer would be Louis is going to the doctor for depression and now had a thing for his shrink.

I frowned, but I selfishly didn't want him with anyone else, I was the only person he'd ever had sex with and I didn't want that changing now, maybe if I talk to Louis he'll stop going to the doctor, get over his depression and... And what? He stays alone while I'm still with Niall. I swallowed back the tears, what do I do? I need to be with him but I can't leave Niall. These months had been tearing me apart I've been so conflicted with myself and asking if I made the right decision, but I can't stand the thought of him sad or hurt, but knowing my bubbly ex boyfriend has depression is nearly driving me insane.

I slowly traced my anchor tattoo, thinking of Louis' matching rope, I sighed Louis had always held me in place and stopped me from getting lost in the vast ocean that is life, just like the rope does for an anchor.

I should text him now, at that thought I jumped to my feet to grab my mobile form my bedroom.

Hi Louis
I was hoping we could meet sometime. Let me know
Harry

It was stupid but it's all I could think to say, with a deep breath I pressed send, hoping he would reply, but what if he didn't, he hates me I just know it and now Niall will hate me for texting Louis. I felt like I was being ripped apart.

"Baby, I'm home." I heard an Irish voice, I looked to the bedside table to see it was already five, I had spent the whole day worrying about Louis and what Niall might say.

I slowly got to my feet and padded into the kitchen where I saw Niall standing "Hi" I chocked out.

"What's up with you?" I saw Niall frown.

"Nothing," I shook it off giving Niall a small peck on the lips. "how was your day? and how was little Pea?" I pushed all my emotions to the back of my mind knowing I couldn't pretend to be fine if all I was think about was Louis

I quickly kissed Niall's growing tummy pulling up his top to do so, as he answered "boring, but she's fine." He smiled up to me.

We had a normal evening to which I didn't mention Liam and Zayn turning up or the fact that I had texted Louis, both those things would start an argument which is what I always tried to avoid, but a last I laid in bed slowly stroking Niall's tummy I realised that no matter how much I missed Louis I could never go back to him, our life wouldn't be the same, but I knew loved Niall and in time I'd forget my love for Louis and become his friend once again, even with that I couldn't help but feel disappointed that I hadn't received a text back that night.