Go back to Charleston!

"Hello Mr. Wilson. I wasn't expecting another party with you." Perry Cline drew out.
"Cline, this is my...apprentice. Thought this would be an interesting case for her to experience."
"A dead-end case you mean?"
"On the contrary, my clients end seems to keep going."
"Oh? Do tell." Perry smirked amused. John pulled a file out of his brief case and opened it.

"The reason my client is losing is because the whole picture is not being seen. You started it where the Hatfields shot three of Mr. McCoy's sons. What you forgot to mention is why. Ellison Hatfield had nothing to do with the feud. He did no wrong and harmed no one. He was unarmed. Those three boys would have hanged. If the McCoy's would have done things the legal way, the Hatfield family involved in the firing squad would have served jail time. They would not have a bounty on their heads. If you could not get the Hatfields to cooperate, you should have came to the West Virginia state court, you did not. You took the law into your own hands and now they are hunted like animals. I can have your head  for this Cline. And I will. Drop these bounties now or I will see you in court. I would hate to bring up your personal grudge against the Hatfields. I believe it had something to do with land and how Mr. Hatfield had to bring a tombstone just to prove his innocence."
"I can't drop the bounties now." Perry said with a flushed face. His hands were tightly gripping the arms of his chair.
"Why not?" John asked.
"Mr. Phillips has decided to take control of this."
"Your scared of him. You should be more scared of what I'll do to you in court. Good day Cline." John stood up and walked out. Lydia was close behind.
"And I'm taking Mr. Vance with me." John said before he closed the door.

"Go Johnny!" Lydia praised him.
"I practiced all night." He confessed.
"Do you know how hard it was for me to sit there and be quiet?"
"I could see you tapping your foot." He chuckled.

"Cline was shaking in his boots."

"You've changed." John said suddenly.
"What do you mean?"
"Use to, you were all proper. You still are when need be. But you never would have done that to her. No matter what. You'd let the law take care of it. Now, you're charging the streets with guns blazing."
"That's really unrealistic John. Poisoning makes much more sense and is more practical. It happens all the time."
"And they always get caught."
"I'm smart. And if I happen to get caught, I know a great lawyer."
"A very expensive lawyer." John joked.
"Family discount."
"I charge extra for family. They tend to have a more difficult case. You're living proof of that."

John laid the casket down gently and covered it up. 
"I'll go get the mortician to nail this shut. Can't have him falling out." John went inside.
"Thanks for saving Cap. I don't know the story but I'm sure you did. We didn't see eye to eye all the time but I could always depend on you. Things won't be the same. I'm scared of how Cap will be. I'm glad I got to have you as my Uncle Jim for awhile." Lydia paid her respects. 

"You can use this here board ta use as a sled. Just strap 'im down and tie 'im ta your horse." The mortician said as he started to nail the lid to the casket.

The two of them reached their horses and John tied the casket to his saddle. They mounted their horses and rode towards the Hatfield hideout. After a few minutes of riding in silence, Lydia spoke.
"It's him." She mumbled.
"What?"
"He's the reason I changed. I love him. I didn't believe in love till I met him. I thought after Andy, I'd never find love. I'd do anything for Cap. Even something unrealistic and crazy. He almost died John. When I saw him shot, I pictured my life without him. I didn't like what I saw. Misery. And his family are such good people. Some are a little rough around the edges. But they all welcomed me, kinda. You get my point."
"Yeah, I do. I'm glad you found Cap and not some political prick."

"Aren't you and Kane Price best friends?" Lydia teased.
"Good God. Don't associate me with the likes of him." John said horrified. Lydia laughed loudly.