I'd Kill for You

"What do you mean you're a murderer?" Cap asked in disbelief. Surely he heard her wrong. A sweet girl like her would not hurt a fly. 
"I mean I've killed people." She mumbled.
"People? As in more than one?" This just got worse and worse.
"Two."
"Two. It was in self defense right?" He asked trying to process all this. She shook her head.
"Well now you gotta tell me the story."
"Alright." She sighed. "Remember I said I had a brother?" 
"You killed your brother." He assumed.
"No, I killed for my brother."
"So it wasn't just a random killin'. Lydia I've killed people too. I've done it all for my family like you. I can't judge ya." He said sincerely.
"I've never told anyone before. No one knows beside you."
"I won't tell a soul. You have my word."

"Evan moved to Georgia after he got married. That's where she was from. Emily Sanders. I couldn't stand her. I knew something was off about her. That summer I went down to stay with them for awhile. Anyway, Evan had a job offer and had to go to Candletop once a month for two weeks at a time. He was on his way home. He thought he'd stop by Web's and have a drink before he went home. His best friend, Andy Wolo, saw him there and stopped by to say hello. He told Evan to sit down he's got some bad news that's gonna hurt. Said I'm your best friend and you know that's right but your young bride ain't home tonight, since you been gone she's been seeing that Amos boy Seth. Now, he got mad and he saw red. Andy said boy don't you lose your head 'cause to tell you the truth I've been with her myself. Evan blew up and then stormed out. Andy got scared and left the bar. Walkin' on home cause he didn't live far you see. Andy didn't have many friends and he just lost him one. Brother thought his wife must've left town so he went home and finally found the only thing Daddy had gave him and that was a gun. He went off to Andy's house. Slipping through the backwoods quiet as a mouse. He came upon some tracks too small for Andy to make. He ignored them. Figured they belonged to a whore of Andy's. He looked through the screen at the back porch door and he saw Andy lyin' on the floor in a puddle of blood and he started to shake. The sheriff was making his rounds so he fired a shot just to flag 'em down. A big bellied sheriff grabbed his gun and said why'd you do it? The judge said guilty on a make-believe trial. Slapped the sheriff on the back with a smile and said supper's waitin' at home and I gotta get to it. Well, they hung my brother before I could say the tracks he saw while on his way to Andy's house and back that night were mine. And his cheatin' wife had never left town. That's one body that'll never be found. You see little sister don't miss when she aims her gun. That's the night the lights went out in Georgia. That's the night that they hung an innocent man. Well, don't trust your soul to no backwoods Southern lawyer. 'Cause the judge in the town's got bloodstains on his hands." Lydia said. Cap noticed her accent started to come out at the end.

"I understand why you shot her but why Andy?" Cap asked.
"He was cheating on me. We were engaged. That's why I was staying with Evan for the summer, to see Andy."
"I'm sorry Lyddie. I don't blame ya for what ya did. But I promise you won't have to kill no more. I'll kill for ya."
"That's what scares me Cap. After Andy I gave up on love. Decided I'm better off on my own. But I'd kill for you too Cap." She admitted.
"That makes me feel better. I got a trained killer on my side. And apparently she's good at hiding bodies too." He smirked.
"Shut up." She smiled.

"Cap you can't tell your Father." Lydia said seriously, the smile off her face.
"I won't. But he wouldn't judge ya Lyd. He might like ya even more. I know Uncle Jim will."
"He won't take me seriously handling his legal affairs if he knows I'm a killer. And he won't want someone like me with his children. It'd be different if I was family and he trusted me."
"No one else will know. I swear."

Cap meant it. No one else would no. No one else except him, her, and God.....and the man hiding in the bushes.

A/N thanks for reading! Just to put it out there, I don't own the song or lyrics. Hope y'all enjoyed!