Enid (Chapter 19)

A conversation I had with my sister-
"Her name is Enid and she better stay away from Carl."
"Her name is Demon?" She wasn't joking, she actually thought I said that.
"...yes"

Casey's POV

I took a hold of Carl's hand as we stood in Jessie's kitchen.  She was mumbling something about them being upstairs, hopefully she meant just her two sons.

"Hey Ron, come down for a sec!"  She shouted, there were footsteps down the staircase and a boy appeared.  Immediately I felt Carl's hand tighten and the boy stared at the marks on my face.

"This is Casey and Carl, I'd like you to take them upstairs to meet the others."  She said and he nodded motioning for him to follow us.

They began to talk about school and I looked around keeping a tight grip on his hand.  I noticed he wasn't wearing his hat anymore, I'd never really seen much of the top of his head in a while.  He really needed a haircut, but I knew he'd be against it.

We walked into the room and my eyes darted to the girl on the bed.  She obviously was ignoring us, or at least trying to.  Another boy sat in a chair on the other side of the room.

"Guys this is Carl and Casey, Carl and Casey this is Mikey and Enid."

"Hey!" Mikey said getting up with a wave. (Guess who's giving Mikey a death instead of just randomly disappearing :)

"Hi."  Enid mumbled not even glancing at us.

"Oh, I found this, is it's any of yours?"  Carl pulled out a comic from his pocket.

"Oh, we didn't know you got that house.  We just went up there to listen to music and stuff."  I haven't heard music in forever.  "That's Enid's."  She took in from his hand, still not looking at us.

"You wanna play some video games, or Mikey's dad has a pool table, but he's pretty strict about it."

"He's not home."  Mikey smiled and I held my mouth closed at the thought of actual video games. 

"I, ugh."  Carl was obviously in shock and was trying to say something.

"Whatever's fine with me." I said and for once Enid looked at us.

"You don't have to talk or anything, it too Enid three weeks to say something." Ron laughed and she rolled her eyes looking at Carl.

"Pull it together, sport."  She mumbled and I tensed up.

"Excuse you?"  I asked and Carl squeezed my hand as Enid rolled her eyes.

"Video games." Carl smiled glancing over at me, I just nodded in agreement.

It was a two player game, so Ron and Carl went first as Mikey and I sat back watching.  I'm not sure what game it was, but it looked to be some hunting game.

"So, you're like, immune right?"  Mikey asked and Ron hit him.

"Yes, it's a little obvious isn't it?  I mean I didn't get in a cat fight."  I tried to sound somewhat innocent but it wasn't working out.

"How many times have you been bit?"  Ron asked glancing back at me, Carl just listened in keeping his focus on the game.  I could tell Enid was timing in.

"Too many times to count. I've been bit, scratched, shot, mauled, almost eaten, etc." I sighed and they listened in like it was some movie or something.

"Eaten?"  Enid asked and I looked back nodding.

"Cannibals aren't fun."  Carl added and they all had shocked looks on their faces.

"People tried to eat you!" A little voice came from outside the room.

"Sam!"  Ron groaned and I turned to see a little boy a few years younger than us.

"Sorry."  He mumbled closing the door and leaving.

"So are you just immune, or do you have like some type of powers?"  Mikey asked and Ron scoffed.

"Don't be stupid, she doesn't have powers."

"I mean yeah, I do I guess.  My tears are acid, I'm able to lift a bus, my eyes turn red, my blood attracts walkers, and when my eyes are red I'm not able to be hurt.  I was shot in the head once, but since my eyes were red I wasn't hurt."

"Can you show us?"  Ron asked pausing their video game.  I looked at Carl and he just nodded and I looked around.

"Lift me over your head!"  Mikey said and I laughed and shrugged.

I closed my eyes and held my breath getting my heart rate up.  When I felt them getting red I opened my eyes and the two of them freaked out while Carl just smiled.  I grabbed Mikey and lifted him over my head.  Enid set down her comic book staring in amazement.  I set him down and took deep breaths until my eyes were back to normal.

"That was amazing!"  There was that little voice again.

"Sam get out!"  Ron groaned and he was to busy staring at me in awe to listen.

"Your just like G. I. Joe Imuno!" He cried holding up what looked to be a hand made comic book.

"Your not still on about that, that dude left like years ago."

"Who's G.I. Joe Imuno?" I asked and Sam came in ignoring Ron's commands to get out.

"Well she's this superhero this guy told me about a few years ago, she's just like you!"  I looked through the comic and it was about a girl beating bad guys with the same qualities I had.

"This is oddly actually me."  I said showing Carl who was also very confused.

"Out. Get out, come on."  Ron rushed Sam out of the room and we spent the rest of the day playing video games.

I laid curled up next to Carl on the bed upstairs in our house.  I rubbed my thumb against the back of his hand as Rick came in.

"How was Ron's house?" Rick asked and I looked at Carl who answered.

"What do you think of this place?"  Carl asked and Rick shrugged.

"It's nice."

"These people are weak, I don't want us to become weak."

"We won't become weak. With the shit we've been through, there is no going weak." I replied.

"She's right, you guys get some rest."  Rick left and I rolled over onto Carl and he chuckled.

"Sam's comic book, that was weird.  It was really to much like me, and it was old too." I sighed.

"He's a kid with a big imagination."  He shrugged and I just nodded kissing him playfully.  "What did you think of Ron and Mikey?"

"I don't know, what did you think of Enid?"

"She was rude, didn't seem to care much for us."  He shrugged.

"The boys were nice, but I don't like the fact their weak.  As for you, you are like me, there for you are amazing."  I giggled.

"Are complimenting me or yourself?"  He chuckled and I shrugged kissing him again.

Before it got dark I went to visit Jared.  He was in the same condition as before, I didn't expect that to change.  But his clothes were different, and he wasn't dirty.  I guess they got around to cleaning him up.  I wonder how much long they'll keep him before the pull the plug on him.  I want to give him a chance.  I want to give this place a chance. How strange, this feeling that my life's begun at last. 

Ellllloooo Immunies! Hope you liked the update, I know I did.  I'm sure Casey had fun showing off her abilities.  And if you don't remember the G.I. Joe Imuno is from when Jude was at Alexandria.  The song is My Life from Les Misèrables! Have a good day, hopefully I don't have school because of the snow!