Starting over (Chapter 1)

Four months before

Casey's POV

Twenty people were counted, all who were from Woodbury.  They were all gathered in front of a bus that Rick stood on so they could hear him better.

"Welcome to the prison."  Rick said.

He looked over all of them and his eyes landed on me.  I stood in the back with my arms crossed.  He motioned me to come up with him.  I walked through the crowd of people and climbed on top of the bus.

"Some of you might remember me.  That night my people came to Woodbury.  Unexplainable things happened that night with me you guys probably didn't understand.  I'm here right now to clear things up.  I'm Casey Jones, I would be lying if I told you I'm like everyone else, or that I'm innocent.  I may look like a normal thirteen almost fourteen year old, but I'm not normal.  Almost a year ago, I was alone in the woods.  In that time, I was bit, by a walker.  I'm still alive, I'm not dead, I'm still here.  I'm the immune, I'm immune to the bite.  I don't know how, I don't know why, hell I don't remember anything.  All I know is I'm immune.   But that's not all, whatever happened to me making me immune wasn't the only thing.  My blood attracts walkers, my spit kills walkers instantly, and I have inhuman strength.  This is a lot to take in, trust me, it was hard for me.  But it's true, I am immune."

They all looked at me confused and they broke out in questions.  Rick just looked at me nodding.

"What about, the other things?"  He whispered.

"We won't tell them, no matter what." I replied.

They can't know about the Beast. It will most likely scare them, they probably won't want to live here.  I can't have that happening, this is a new beginning.

Rick's POV

"Alright everyone, please save the questions for later.  Right now Maggie, Glenn, Beth, and Carol will help you find a cell.  Please if you have any questions or things we need to know tell us." I said.

They all wandered off inside and Casey and I hoped down.  It was a good call not to mention all of that other stuff, they already have a lot to take in.

I went into my cell and sat down for a second.  I rubbed my head and looked around finding a small note on my bed. I titled my head and picked it up. I opened it and read what was written.

'Rick Grimes, things are about to go down hill, just follow my directions and everything will go up hill. Do you trust me Grimes, if so, I'm here to save you. I'm here to save everyone.'

~J
J, he's still here. And he thinks things are going to go down hill. I do trust him, he says he can save us. From the past year I've learned not to question J. I don't know who he is, or what he wants. On the back there was something else.

'Once you've decided write your response and leave it on the empty bunk above yours. Don't tell anyone about this, it's just between me and you. I know this might sound crazy but I know more than you about what this future will be like. Trust me.'

~J
I found a pen and wrote on the back.

'Can't we talk in person somewhere?  And yes, I guess I will take your advice.  As long as everyone is safe.'

                                      ~Rick

Casey's POV

After I did what I had to do helping everyone I found Carl in our cell reading a comic book.  I stood in the door way leaning against the wall looking at him.

"Carl." I said.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."  He replied.

"I know this is a big change and we should've cleared it up with everyone before we made a decision.  But what's done is done.  But hey, soon enough everything will go back to normal, but with more people.  Maybe even kids our age, I think I saw some on the bus."  I said.

"That's great."  He said sarcastically.

"Whatever."  I mumbled walking away.

I stood in front of the mirror just staring at myself.  My body cover in scars.  These Battle scars, don't look like they're fading. They don't look like they're ever going away.  They aren't ever going to change.

Rick's POV

A few hours after writing the note I went back to my cell to find another one.  How can someone get in here without being noticed? Maybe he's blending in with the Woodbury people.

'Rick, if you want this new beginning to start out on a good path you can't be the leader.  It's time you step down from being sheriff and let someone take your place.  Like a council, make a group of people that you trust to run things around here.  Don't be stupid Grimes, pick the right people to make the right choices for everyone.  Maybe even let other people in the prison that aren't from Woodbury, start something like a community. See you around.'

                                          ~J

I guess that would work, I should take a break.  A council, I've never thought of that. Maybe this could be the start of something good. I'm not so sure of the letting other people in, but I'll keep that in mind. But for now, let's just start over.

Casey's POV

I stood in the watch tower leaning against the railing. I guess it isn't much of a tower but more of a bridge since Governor blew up the others. There wasn't many walkers out today, surprisingly from all the noise we made. I heard the door open and I looked to my left to see Carl. We didn't say anything, he just stood beside me and took my hand. I took that as him saying sorry. I expected it, everything is changing, and so am I. We're starting over.

First chapter of the third book!  I'm still thanking you guys so much for even getting this far! The song is Battle Scars by Lupe Fiasco and Guy Sebastian.  And if you guys have song requests that you like it think would go with this book please tell me!  Again thank you Immunies!  Love you guys!