Not Dead Yet (Chapter 13)

Casey's POV

As the sun went down, and the moon came up, be both grew tired. We sat at Rick's feet, I leaned against Carl's chest and his head hung back. Despite us both being exhausted, we couldn't sleep. I twirled my knife in my hand and Carl just stared at the ceiling.

Rick's hand moved and both of us shot up looking at him, the groans coming from his mouth were all to familiar. But he couldn't be dead, I helped him, he can't be dead. What will we do if he is dead, I can't kill him. Carl sure as Hell won't.

He moved again letting out more groans and we scooted away, I could see the tears forming in Carl's eyes. I grabbed his hand as Rick rolled off the couch, my heart beating faster in fear. My eyes grew red unintentionally, Carl was in full panic mode, tears fell from his eyes. He quickly got out his gun and pointed it at Rick letting out sobs.

Rick lifted his hand closer to the gun and Carl's hand shook. I grabbed Carl's arm, almost as giving him a sign that it was okay to shoot.

"I can't." Carl cried dropping the gun as Rick rolled on his back.

"Carl." We both let out a sigh of relief as Rick spoke.

Carl moved over to him placing Rick's head in his lap. I still laid in the corner calming myself down. My heart slowed and my eyes went back to the natural green color.

"I'm scared, I'm scared." Carl whispered between sobs.

I scooted over to him taking his hand and kissing it. Rick's eyes were closed and it chest moved heavily. Carl leaned into me and I wrapped my arm around him.

"It's gonna be okay." I whispered kissing his cheek.

The next morning I woke up before Carl and made some cereal. More specifically dry cereal, but food is food. I was almost startled when I walked back into the living room, Carl wasn't awake, but Rick was.

"Casey?" He asked.

"Rick!" I cheered making Carl groan and wake up.

"How are you here?" He asked.

"I found you guys." I smiled.

"What happened, the prison?"

"It's gone now, so is the Governor. And as for everyone else, I don't know."

"Judith?" He asked.

"I had her for a while, kept her safe and fed. I walked away for a minute, and came back and she was gone. But no worries, I think Carol found her, she drove away before I got there."

"My God Casey Jones you care a blessing." Rick sat on the ground and I sat on the other side of Carl.

"We also went out and got more food."

"That's good, but its to risky to do it again."

"We're fine Dad." Carl said.

"It's good that you found more food."

"We could've had more." Carl smiled.

"What happened to it?"

"We ate it." We said at the same time.