Burn (chapter 7)

Casey's POV

"When are we leaving?" I asked.

"Later." He said.

Next thing I know I hear shouting coming from where Carol and I had that talk. Daryl and I ran over and outside to wear the bodies were burned seeing Rick and Tyreese standing over the bodies. Carol ran in quickly after us pretending to be shocked. She didn't have the guts to look me in the eyes.

After a while of Rick and Tyreese verbally fighting, they got into a physical.  I did what I had to and grabbed Tyreese's shoulder lifting him off Rick.  He looked at me shocked and when he saw my red eyes he backed away.  I blinked and they were back to normal.

He shook his head and walked away.  I glared at Carol and left shaking my head.  Karen meant a lot to Tyreese and Carol killed her.  What kind of selfish person does that someone.

A few minutes went by and Rick came to me asking to look at his hand. He luckily didn't need stitches but he was still bruised badly. Tyreese didn't want my help so I didn't bother. Hershel was helping a few people who seemed to be sick, so he was busy.

The sickness went fast, very fast. Next thing I know there's a whole cell full of people who are dying and look dead. I could hear the coughing, cries, and groans. I shook my head hoping that I wouldn't end up like that.  I have to remind myself that I am immune, hopefully to everything.

I stood outside with Daryl as he packed the car. We needed more people to come but, mostly everyone was sick or to busy to come. Until a new guy Bob showed up and offered. I had seen him around, he was odd, but healthy and knew medicines so we didn't have a choice.

I walked around outside seeing if there was anyone else who wasn't sick.  I was planning to go see some of the ones who were sick, like Glenn.  I made a full circle and there was no one.  As I trailed around I heard Tyreese talking to Carol.

"You care about people." He said right as I walked by a few feet behind them, I let a out a small laugh that sounded pfft.

They both turned around and I just smiled and kept walking.  I went inside and waited outside the window, someone saw me waiting and I asked them to get Glenn.  Glenn walked in looking like hell.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I feel stupid, and contagious."  He coughed and I nodded.

"Daryl, me and a few others are going to get meds at this place Hershel talked about.  We should be back by tomorrow."

"I'm not sure some of us will make it that long."  He sighed.

"Don't say that, we can try our best and keep pushing."

"When you go back out there, tell Maggie I love her."  He smiled and I smiled back nodding.

I walked back out to find Maggie, and she was yelling at Hershel with Rick by her side.

"You can't go in there, please!"  She cried.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Maggie won't let me in, I'm trying to help the sick."  Hershel replied.

"I can go in for you, you know, I'm immune and all that." 

"We can't risk it, and you are going with Daryl."  Rick said.

"Oh, yeah, got to go, be careful Hershel."

I walked back to Daryl and he stood by Zach's fast car. He told me it was the fastest car. Bob came over observing it than he looked at us.

"Are you sure you want me to come?" He asked, Daryl reached in his pocket and pulled out a list and pointed to a word.

"What does this say?"

"Zanamivir." Bob and I replied at the same time and we looked at each other.

"Damn smart people." Daryl shook his head as Tyreese walked over to us.

"Room for one more?"

"Hell yeah." Daryl replied.

Next thing I know I'm squished between two grown men in the back seat of the car. It was very crowded and awkward. Daryl was wrong, there is not room for one more, but we need everything we can get.

I stared straight ahead getting an odd feeling in my stomach, I didn't like it.  Michonne and Daryl talked while he messed with the radio.  There was a message on the radio and we all went silent and tense as Daryl turned the knob.  I looked up and saw a crowd, no a herd of walkers.

"Daryl watch out!"  I cried and he looked up swerving.

We got caught inside of a huge group and we held on as he back up running over a bunch of walkers.  Which we unluckily got caught on one of the walkers heads.  We made a plan to run through the woods.  Bob got out as the others did, but Tyreese didn't do I had to go Bob's way out.  I grabbed my whip and sliced it through some of heads.  My whip got caught and one came up to me from my left and I punched straight through it's head letting out an inhuman growl.

"Ty! Casey!"  Bob cried.

I got my whip unstuck and ran around pulling Tyreese out of the car getting glared from him.  We both got caught in a big group.

"Go run!"  I yelled to the others. 

A minute later there was a small opening near Tyreese.  I kept going and so did he, but he needed to get to the others.

"Go through the gap, I got this!" I shouted and he looked at me and I nodded and he nodded back running.  I yelled at the walkers laughing.  "Come at me!"

By then I was soaked in blood and probably had a few scratches here and there.  I looked at the car and was angry about the only thing I had yet to learn, how to drive.  I pushed my way through and picked up the car pushing it forward.  Just in case we came back.

I ran for the woods and followed the trail of dead walkers and broken branches.  I saw through the branches Daryl helping Tyreese up and I saw the others.

"I hear one."  Daryl said getting out his crossbow.

He pointed it at me and I guess he didn't recognize me with all the blood.  He released the arrow and it hit me in the head falling to the ground.  I was so happy my eyes were beaming red, if they weren't I would be dead!  I simply laughed and walked out and they all sighed in relief.

"Sorry."  Daryl said.

"You're good, you guys realize I could've just moved the car.  I did, but I don't know how to drive, so yeah."  Michonne laughed.

"What?"  I asked.

"The girl who can do everything can't drive a car."

"Hey, shut up!"

Like always to lazy to edit mistakes :)

I feel evil.  Wow so I said I would update in like a week, a month ago.  I have been so busy with the end of the year finals that we call SOLs.  And I was recently in a school play, it was chaos.  And now this summer right when school ends I'm going to the beach, the day after that I'm auditioning for another play, Beauty and the Beast, then I'm going to Maine, get back from Maine a few weeks later, and start rehearsing for the play.  You guys probably don't care, but I'm just so sorry for the slow updates.  I promise to try and make the chapter longer!  The song is Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana!  But I hope you guys enjoyed!! Love ya Immunies!