Alexandria (Chapter 17)

Unedited because I'm lazyyy
Casey's POV

"Welcome to your new home." Aaron, the man who has been watching us, announced.

"There is no home anymore." I replied and he sighed and shook his head as the doors opened.

I looked at Carl, he was staring at a window.  I gently took his hand and he jumped into reality and looked at me.  I kissed him gently and we followed the others.

"We have to try and trust these people." Carl whispered to me.

"Last time we trusted people they tried to eat us.  Every place we stay in we destroy."  I sighed.

"We have to start over. I get your afraid something bad will happen, but we can't keeping running." He sighed and I looked down not wanting to admit he was right. "Maybe they're will be kids here our age."

"I hate people."

"Casey." He groaned and I smiled proudly as the gates fully opened.

We stood there staring at the gates, looking at each other. Noah, who I have become close with from the hospital, gave me a nod and I returned one. I heard something beside me and before I could see it my hand popped out. In my hand was a raccoon that was about to attack me, it didn't faze me so I just set it down and let it go. A man standing at the gates stared at me with his mouth opened.
There was another noice from a trash can and Daryl shot at the animal. He picked up what looked to be a opossum and we all looked back at the gates.

"We brought dinner." We walked through the gates slowly. As we all entered they closed behind us.

"Before we can move on we'd like you to hand over your weapons." I let out a loud laugh and everyone looked at me.

"Sorry, but no."

"If we wanted to use them we would already have started shooting them." Rick added and I nodded clutching onto my precious whip.

"You should talk to Deanna, she knows everything about this place. Rick you should start." Rick sighed and turned to a walker groan.

"Casey." He said, without even turning around I held up my gun and shot. By the sound of it, the thing was dead. The gate closed and they stared at me in shock. "Good thing we're here. Casey, you come with me."

I nodded and turned to Carl who looked down on me. I still couldn't except the fact he was taller than me. When we first met I'd been taller than him, now he's about three inches taller than me. I wrapped my arms around him and roughly kissed him as if I was claiming what was mine for the surrounding stranger eyes. I wasn't messing around.

I listened in to Rick and Deanna's conversation while I looked around. I was surprised they even had cameras here, but now video cameras. She gave the basics of the community and the history. They talked more and more then it was my turn. She started a new tape as I sat down.

"Hi, I'm Deanna Monroe." She smiled and I crossed my legs.

"Casey Jones." I replied feeling her eyes scan over my scarred face.

"What happened?" She asked motioning to them.

"I was surrounded, no weapons, a baby and my boyfriend were in danger. The walker didn't go down without at fight."

"You have a boyfriend?" She smiled.

"My son." Rick added and she nodded continuing.

"So, what can you tell me about your past. How are you immune? Where did you come from?" She asked.