Don't turn back (Chapter 10)

You guys have no idea how long I've been waiting to write these next few chapters!!!!

Casey's POV

As I stood in the garden with Rick and Carl I watched Hershel and Michonne walk out to the woods. My breath hitched and my heart started pumping very fast and I grabbed my chest sucking in air.

"Casey, what's wrong?" Carl asked glancing between me and Rick.

"Something's coming." I breathed out.

"What is?" Rick asked.

Before I could answer my eyes rolled back into my head and I landed on the ground passed out. I remember being lifted up and carried quickly, everything was muffled and blurry.

"She's waking up." I heard Beth say.

"Come on Casey, can you hear us?" Maggie asked.

"What happened? Where's Hershel?" I asked.

"You passed out, and we don't know where Hershel is, he's probably somewhere in the woods with Michonne." Maggie explained and I nodded sitting up in the cell bed rubbing my head.

"Casey!" Carl smiled coming in and hugging me.

"I'm ok, everything is ok." I smiled hugging him back.

"Casey."

"Rick."  I replied as Carl moved to the side so I could see him.

"Before you passed out you said somethings coming, what's coming?"

"I don't remember."

"You can't say something is coming and forgot, that's not how this works."  Rick sighed.

"Rick, leave her be, she's had a hard day."  Maggie said and I smiled at her.

"I just need some rest."  I said lying down.

Everyone left but I told Carl to stay.  I moved over so he could lay down next to me.  I rested my head on his chest and he put his arm around me.

"Casey?"

"Yeah?"

"What is that writing?"  He asked pointing to carvings on the bottom of his bunk.

"I don't remember writing that." 

"What does it say?"

"I can't tell it's not neat enough.  All I can make out is 'I am' then there's something after it."  I replied tracing it with my finger.

About five minutes go by and I could only hear Carl's soft breathing patterns.  My eyes slowly drifted and I closed my eyes.  That was when the bomb went off. 

We jumped out of bed and ran outside as Rick yelled for everyone to get back, that's when I saw him, the Governor.  This was it, this was what was coming, what is coming, what is here.   I grabbed Carl's hand as Rick approached the fences.

He had a small army with lots of guns and a tank.  The people didn't look like they wanted to be here, but they were.  About to kill, men, women, children.

"Rick, come down here, we need to talk.  Bring the immune too."

"That's not up to me, we have a council now, they run the place!"

"Hershel on the council?" I squeezed Carl's hand as they brought Hershel out of a truck tied up. They sat him down on his knees and Maggie and Beth gasped. "What about Michonne?"

They brought Michonne out and Carl squeezed my hand back. Rick looked at Daryl and he nodded, he looked back at me and I nodded. Rick grabbed Carl's shoulder and headed for the gate door. I rested my hand on his cheek and he sighed.