Joshua (chapter 8)

Joshua Jones POV

The day my daughter died was the day I changed.  The first time in my life I cried was for my baby girl, alright who am I kidding she deserved it, maybe.

But not soon after she killed herself my wife left me and I was sent to jail for domestic abuse.  Dede was weak, I knew from the moment she stood up for herself she wouldn't last long.  And she didn't, she fell down with the others as soon as this disease hit.  I watched through the tv in my prison.  My daughters college was over thrown.  Each day I listened to hear the names of the bodies shot down in that school three days in Bethany Jones was among that list.

I never did find out what happened to my son, after Casey died he went low and I never heard from him again.  He had every right to hate the shit out of me.  I heard he went along with a group of helpers that saved people. And me, I was stuck in this prison cell while the world around me rotted.

The others were clueless and helpless.  They found out what I was really in for and locked me in my cell while they ran.  It's been three days now, I have little food and water.  The sound the dead makes from cells over makes me want to go insane.

(Ps he isn't in the prison Casey and the others stay at)

"Check the cells!" A mans voices filled my ears and I stood up looking out my cell.

"Hey, I'm in here!" I yelled.

"We got one!"

I stood back as the kicked open my cell door and I stumbled out as they handed me water.  I desperately drank it while they found out how bad it was in here.  They soon evacuated with me and two other guys the same cell block.

"What's your name sir?"  A man in his fifties asked.

"Joshua Jones." I said looking at him.

"I'm Sargent Foster, stay here."

I rested against a tree taking deep breathes and gulping down a water bottle.  I heard a gun cock and I froze.

"When they said your name I didn't believe it.  But I guess it's true."  A deep voice said, there was a hint of something familiar in his voice, I just couldn't put my finger on it.  "Dad."

"Chandler?"

"I was hoping you would rot in jail, but I guess I get to do my life long dream and kill you myself."

I turned to see him, my son, with a gun to my head and a smile on his face.  I simply laughed and smiled walking to him as he frowned and pointed his gun at my face.

"Go ahead kid, kill me, watch another one of your family members bleed out in front of you.  What was her name again, Carry, Cami, Casey?" I laughed again.

"She was your daughter."

"No daughter of mine is weak."

"Chandler lower your gun, what did I tell you, we save not kill." Sargent Foster showed up and I shook my head.

"Now I don't care what happened between you two, but that's gone, welcome to the real world of now, and your number one priority is staying alive.  Let's get a move on to camp."

Chandler wouldn't let me out of his sight and always had a gun in his hand.  I guess word got around about who I was and what I had done.  Now the whole damn camp hated me.  There was about ten woman, seven kids, and about eighteen men.

They told me they were running from something, a big group full of powerful savages that called themselves the Saviors lead by a man named Negan.  We were pretty far from their base called the Sanctuary, but they said they will always find us.