Infected (chapter 6)

Caseys POV

I watched everyone else be, normal.  I am not normal, they are not normal.  We can't be something we are not, we are savages in a world of chaos and survival.

"Oh God."  Maggie said jumping up.

I turned to where she was running and saw that one of the fences were caving in and about to fall.  I told everyone to stay where they were and I rushed down the hill too.  Rick, Daryl, and Glenn were already down there trying to keep it from falling.

"Step back!"  I yelled as my heart beat got faster and my eyes turned red.

They stepped back as I stood in the middle of the fence.  I used both of my hands to push up and everything started to move.  The fence was pushed up and they put wide wooden sticks to keep it from falling.

"There's still to many."  Glenn said.

"I've got an idea." Rick said.

We ended up in the truck with the baby pigs.  Daryl drove and Rick and I were in the back.  The walkers followed us, I cut into my hand and Rick cut into the pig so it couldn't run.  I smeared my blood on the pig and we left it driving away.  We did that with the other pigs until the fence didn't have many walkers left.  We drove back and I went inside and cleaned myself up.  Just another day where I am used for my, specialties of unrealistic inhuman abilities.  Yep, life.

As I walked through the halls I noticed a trail of blood.  I followed it to a cell, and another cell.  Then I followed the trail out of the cells, it seemed fresh.  It lead outside where there were three people, two were dead.  David and Karen laid dead and above them, was Carol.  Before she saw me she lit them on fire.

"Carol!" I cried.

She turned around and was speechless.  We stood there a minute, she watched me watch the dead bodies burn.  Karen and David, they were good people, what did they ever do to her.

"Don't tell, don't tell Rick."  She pleaded.

"You killed them!"

"They were sick, they were dead anyways."  She mumbled.

"No, Carol, you killed them."  I said in disbelief.  "You of everyone."

"You don't understand."  She said.

"I don't understand? I understand that ever since the farm, ever since Sophia died, you've gone cold.  Maybe you won't admit it, but I see it.  Carol you need help."

"Are you telling me I need help!  You're the one who's eyes turn red!  You're the one who is practically an immortal monster!  Don't tell me I need help, you need help!" Carol cried.

"Why would you say that?"  I mumbled as I felt a burning prickle go down my cheek.

"No, I didn't mean it, Casey." She said stepping forward.  "Casey please!"

I ran out back inside avoiding the blood trails.  She didn't even bother to follow me.  I just ran until I ran into someone.  And of course it had to be Carl.  He opened his mouth to say something as I stood in front of him.  But I ran before he could say anything.  I looked back and he just watched me run away.  His face was sad and he turned around and walked away. And then I ran into someone else.

"Casey, are you alright?"  Glenn asked.

"Sure."  I mumbled walking away but he grabbed my arm.

"You are obviously not okay, what's wrong?"

"The whole world." I said throwing my hands up.

"What's going on?" Maggie asked coming inside.

"She's upset."  Glenn sighed.

"Glenn wait outside, I need to talk to her.  Girl to girl."

"Alright."  He said leaving and she sat me down at a table.

"What's going on?"

"What's not going on."  I cried.

"Did someone upset you, again?"

"Sure, you could say that."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Talk about what, how I am a monster.  In a world of things that almost make sense I don't."

"How do walkers make sense?"

"They have a reason, they were made by a disease from some sick freak who I hope is dead.  And me, I am an unsolved case.  I can do things people can't."

"What's wrong with being different?"

"What's wrong is I am a bad different.  I hurt people I love and people I love hurt me.  And when they hurt me it's always my fault.  Sometimes I wish I had never stood in the middle of the road.  Sometimes I wish I never got in that car with Rick.  And sometimes I wish I had never been alive."

"Don't say that."  She sighed.

"Don't say what, the truth?  I am done with it all.  Use me all you want, tell me I am something, when really I am nothing.  I am supposed to be an over emotional, sensitive teenage girl with boy problems.  But instead I am all those things and immune and in an apocalypse."

"I honestly wish I could relate and help you.  But this is who you are, Casey.  You are great, and not just because you are immune.  You are great because you are not afraid to be yourself.  You are great because you are you.  Don't change who you are just because someone tells you to.  Change who you are because you know what's right or wrong for you.  Change isn't always bad, but sometimes it's not what everyone needs.  You don't need to change Casey Grace."  She stood up and kissed my head walking out.

An I hour later I learned that we have to separate from those who might be infected.  And the kids have to be isolated from everyone else. So I wonder which side I'm on. I could be infected, or I could not be and get infected from the adults.  Or I could be immune, seeing I am to literally everything else in this whole entire world.  I wouldn't be surprised if I was fine, even if I stayed in a room of the infected I would probably be fine.  Because why the hell not.

"Casey you comin?"  Daryl asked.

"Where?"  I asked.

"Fifty miles out to get medicine, you know medicine right?"  He asked.

"Yeah."  I replied.  "I'm coming."

Hello my Immunies!  Still I am sorry for slow updates.  I recently got into a play, but it's kind of stupid any ways.  But still my first play whoop!  It's Schoolhouse Rock, those little short animated videos made in the 70s.  I'm just ensemble so not that big of a deal.  I hope you liked the chapter, kind of maybe emotional, I'm not sure.  Has anyone watched 13 Reasons Why, because I just finished and nearly cried... but I would suggest watching it on Netflix, it's great!  And another thing, I'm sorry if the chapters seem short, I try to make them 1000 words or more!  Anyways vote and comment please!❤️ see you next update!