#Chapter 8: If the day could go any better...

Depuis le début

Disappointment flashed past her eyes after noticing my actions. Everyone around me gawked at me as I ignored her. I lifted my chin high and strutted my way to the class. She should know by now that she should not mess with me.  She must be one of the popular. 

Vanessa…Vicky or Victoria whatever her name is. She’s been pestering me since last week. Tyler and I had moved to this state due to some circumstances. And this is the second week of school. Even after knowing my backgrounds, that girls couldn’t keep their hands off me or Tyler. That plastic blond should know by now to stay away from us or I will make it clear.

“Ring!” the bell rang.

I let out a sigh. I plodded my way to the detention class. I don’t have to waste my time to get the detention slip from Mrs. Johnson. That’s not my first time being in the detention class though. I opened the door. Ahh Mr. Vincent is relieving the class today. I heard a familiar voice from the corner.

“What the hell?! Jerk.”  She scowled.

She pushed the guy onto the floor before giggling. I stared at her with an amused smile. She can laugh and smile huh?  The ‘Jerk’ on the floor seems somewhat familiar. Where have I seen him?

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw her sliding down the chair. I sprinted my way and placed my hands onto her petite back.

Now how many times have I been saving this girl? Wait a minute, she’s in this school?! Now shit! Here I thought there will be peace finally but she being here will cause chaos.

She flicked her ponytail to her other shoulder as she slowly turned to me. I stood still as I watched her. The sudden scent of lavender from her hair made my heart racing. What the hell?! 

She opened her mouth to say something but close abruptly after seeing my face. She stiffened and stared at my face.  She paled and shifted her eyes to the ceiling and to me once again. Disbelief and devastation were written on her face as she stared straight to my eyes.

Noticing the awkwardness between us, I smirked and decided to cut the tension. All eyes in the room were on us. The class was so quiet that I could only almost hear their heavy breathing. 

“Well, well, well… if this is not fate, what would it be Jennifer?” I said with my usual mocking voice.

I lifted my eyebrows as I waited for her answer. She fisted her hands and stared at me with full distaste. She shook her head exasperatedly. She clicked her tongue and nervously glanced around the classroom. Her cheeks were slightly tinged pink. I must say we had attracted quite a number. 

“Wh-wh-what are you doing here?” she stammered while whispering.

I was surprised but not for long. I hid my surprised and look at her in disbelief.  She’s kidding right? I was here last week and she should have seen us. Well observant enough?

I was about to say something when the guy on the floor stood up protecting her from me. I scoffed and challenged him with my stare. 

Ah…now I know him. He’s one of the guys trying to be my 'buddy'. Well Tyler will be broken-hearted seeing his precious Jennifer taken. The ‘jerk’ guy put his hands up to ease the situation.

“Relax, Blake… Jen didn’t want any trouble…she-” 

“Back off Drew… I want to talk to him” she cut off the ‘jerk’ guy.

Drew stared intensely at her before lifting his eyebrow. After a while he nodded and made his way to his seats with his friends. She nodded her head towards the door. Well fine, she want talk then sure.

^^^^^^^^^^^

(Jennifer’s Pov)

I gingerly made my way to the door. Drew shouldn’t have done that. Blake is dangerous and if I didn’t spoke up earlier, I don’t know what will happen to Drew. I felt bad for cutting Drew harshly. But seeing Blake there just make my blood boil. I was so shocked to see him there. His cocky answer does not make the situation any better.

I leaned against the wall along the corridor. I breathe in deeply as I could and fisted my hands. I stared straight to his eyes, waiting for him to talk. He leaned against the wall opposite mine, crossing his legs over the other.

“Care to elaborate why you here? What? You are going to get my head since I rejected your offer?” I sneered.

My heart was beating wildly but I hold up my brave façade. He smirked amusedly before looking down the floor. His shoulders were shaking and he bends slightly tapping his knee. What the hell? He’s laughing now?!

“Take a chill pill chick…Hahaha…” he gasped.

I scoffed and turned my head to the side.
He wiped the slight tears before facing me. He smirked before shaking his head.

“I’ve never laugh this hard…well anyway I’m not a stalker or whatever you're thinking about. I’m schooling here by the way…” he snickered slightly.

“Oh about your head… I just don’t understand why you didn’t take our offer?” he asked curiously.

He’s what?! Schooling here?? I swear that Lisa didn’t tell me! Since when he’s schooling here? He should have been here last week. If earlier I should have noticed them. Oh yeah crap! What am I supposed to say? I bit my lips and scrunched up my eyebrows thinking of excuses.

“Okay…well I didn't take your offer because I couldn’t fit in the gang… and plus I rather die than being chased by cops and getting into nothing but trouble. I have my own family that worries unlike someone like you…” I scoffed while looking down the floor.

The floor was getting even interesting than his hot face. I was about to look up when suddenly I was pushed forcefully onto the wall. Two hands were slammed to the wall, on each side of my face. I lifted my eyes from his chest and look into his eyes. I gulped as he glared. He gritted his teeth before glowering at me.

“Firstly, you don’t know anything about my gang so shut the fuck up! And if you didn’t fucking be nosey and interfere, things will not be like this! So don’t blame others, because this is your fucking fault!”  He yelled to my face.

I flinched and push myself even deeper to the wall if that was even possible. I guess I just hit the wrong nerve. I wanted to apologize but he stopped me before I could.

“You listen here! If Tyler wasn’t the one suggesting the idea and wanted you to be safe, it been a long time since you dead!” he hissed.

I shuddered in fear as I felt his hot, minty breath. His threat was terrifying. He punched the wall near my head before taking his bag along and stormed down the stairs.

I slide down the wall as my leg couldn’t hold myself. I tucked my knees to my chest and blew out in fear. Drops of tears rolled down my cheeks. What the hell happened? I wiped my cheeks as I heard footsteps towards me.

“Jen, are you okay? What does he wants?” Drew asked in concern.

I shake my head and mutter a ‘fine’ before dashing to the girl’s washroom. I ignored Drew callings and lock the door. I stared at myself in the mirror. Why must I suffer this?

I shouldn’t have insulted him when I don’t even know him. Now what? He’s going to kill me? And Tyler wanted me safe? Should I take the offer or should I not?

I opened the tap and cupped my hand, filling them full of water. I splashed the water to my face. I took a deep breath before unlocking the door. I swing my bag and went ahead for my next class.

I would think about this later. I ignored the hushed whispers and staring. I went to my seat, waiting for Lisa. Wow! News travel fast huh? Hopefully I could endure this dreadful day.

Feeling stares on me, I turned my head. I gasped mentally. Tyler was staring and blinking at me. I gave him a close smile before waving slightly. If the day could go any better…

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay the next chapter! Okay drama has begun! Well I’m sorry for the late chapter. But anyways enjoy reading. Please do comment and vote! Later!

~Mystery205~