He ran his hand over his head clearly frustrated. "When did you get this stubborn?"

"News flash: people change. I'm not that naive little girl anymore."

"Is this about him?" He asked.

"Who's him?" I knew who he was talking about but I acted oblivious.

"Him,the guy you came with."

"That's none of your business. I'm done having this conversation with you."

I walked out on him and went back to the room.

Yazid was seated near Afrah reading out a fairytale for her from one of the many storybooks I bought for her.

My heart warmed at the sight. She was listening with so much concentration and laughed when he made silly faces mimicking some characters.

"Having fun without me?" I pouted.

They both laughed. Yazid winked at me and continued reading. In like 5 minutes,Afrah was soundly asleep.

I drew up the covers and tucked her in.

"She's a very sweet girl." Yazid whispered.

I sighed sadly. "I know."

"Hey,look at me."

I looked at him. "She's going to be alright in sha Allah."

I nodded. I wanted that to be true so badly.

We left the room and I closed the door softly behind me. I didn't want to leave her all alone so I decided to call Amir or Amirah to come stay with her.

I called Amir and he said he was already on his way. We sat on one of the hospital chairs while we waited for Amir.

"You don't have to wait with me. Amir will he here in a few."

"It's fine. I want to."

"Thank you." I said.

"So you call my name in your sleep huh?" He teased.

"Oh God!" I covered my face with my hands.

I peeked and saw him laughing at me.

"It's not funny." I pouted.

"It is but you don't have to feel embarrassed. Who knows whether I call your name in my sleep too."

I laughed at that. "I doubt that."

"You never know."

Just then Amir arrived putting an end to our playful conversation. He looked more mature,like he was holding the burden of the world on his shoulder and I don't blame him. He looked tired and exhausted.

He shook hands with Yazid but not before giving him a suspicious look. He turned to me. "Go get some rest,I'll be with her until anty hafsa comes."

"Okay. How are you though?"I asked.

"I'll be fine."

"Wanna talk?" I felt like there was something else bothering him.

"We'll talk at home." He said glancing at Yazid.

"Okay. Bye,see you later."

We were in the parking lot when Yazid spoke." Your brother doesn't seem to like me."

I brushed it off. "Don't mind him,that's how he is to people he doesn't know. Anyway need a ride home?"

He didn't look convinced but didn't say anything either.