Chapter Six

Head pounding...like a drum following a certain rhythm.

I could feel the hit,like a vibration. A dull ache that doesn't seem to go away.

I tried to remember where I was or where I got the pounding headache from as I opened my eyes but I was coming up blank.

I saw a slight movement as if someone left the room in a hurry but it seemed like I imagined it.

And then it all clicked...Salman,Yazeed,eye staring,me hitting my head.

I sat up but realized I was in a hospital bed. Just then a nurse with a scowl on her face came in muttering about patients that can't  stay one place. I rolled my eyes mentally.

"What happened to me?" I asked the unfriendly looking nurse while she adjusted the IV fluids and checked my vitals.

"You had a concussion." She said simply.

I was about to ask another  question when she shut me up. "The doctor would be here soon and will explain everything."

Few minutes after she left ,a good-looking doctor came in. She had an easy smile on her face and I felt relaxed immediately.

She explained all that happened in details for me. I didn't really listen because she wasn't answering the question I wanted to hear.

How did I get here?
Where are my family members?
Where's yazeed?

"....you just need to stay one more night so that we make sure you have no internal bleeding of sorts." She said as she wrote something down in her notebook.

I sagged my shoulders feeling really exhausted.

"But..how did I get here? What about my family?"

"Ah..a young man brought you in. He was dressed in an overall. He stayed by your side all night. He alerted us when you regained consciousness and then left. I asked him to stay and talk to you but he insisted that he just wanted to make sure you were fine."

I felt this inexplicable warmth wash over. He stayed with me..all night. I felt giddy.

"You look happy," the doctor observed. "Boyfriend?" She asked.

My cheeks flamed. "N-no no..why would you think that. He's just someone that works with me." I said trying to keep a straight face.

The doctor chuckled and gave me a look that said she knows better.

She left and said she'd come back later to check on me.

When she left,I relaxed on my bed then suddenly realised I had to let my family know. They must be really worried.

I saw my bag and veil laying on the visitor's chair. Another smile...

I grabbed my phone and called Amirah.

"Where have you been Yasmeen? Do you know how worried we were? What happened to you? Where are you?" She asked in a rush,her voice full of tremor.

"Calm down babe,I'm fine. Well not actually fine,got in a little accident,at the hosp..."

She didn't let me complete as I heard her telling everyone at home that I've been in an accident. I could hear the commotion that was happening. She didn't even allow me to explain in details and  now she'll make every one nervous.

"I said I'm fine,stop making them worried. It was a slight concussion."

"What's the name of the hospital?" She asked.