Chapter Seven

The next day,I was eager to be discharged from the hospital. It gets boring real quick. And I couldn't wait to get back and inspect the progress of my fashion house.

It's been just a day but it felt like years but I trust Yazeed to handle it.

I still had a mild headache but nothing some painkillers wouldn't take care of. Who would've thought that hitting your head on a hard hat could cause a concussion. I laughed internally. Very funny.

Amir and Amirah came to pick me up as promised.

"Where's Afrah?" I asked as I wrapped a veil around my head,ready to leave.

"She's at home. Her lesson teacher came." Amir replied not looking up from his phone.

Afrah was being homeschooled because it was too risky for her to join a normal school so baba got her a lesson teacher who comes and teaches her at home.

She always insisted on going to school but that's one thing we couldn't risk. Anything could happen to her when we weren't close.

Her cardiologist said the next time she comes for a checkup, he'd see if he can clear her to start school like any normal kid.

She needed to socialise more. I don't want her to feel depressed at such a young age. She doesn't even have friends to play with. I feel so bad for her.

"Amir,let's stop by the fashion house. I need to check something."

He groaned and Amirah glared at me. "You just got discharged. You need rest. We're going home."

"I'm not joking. I need to get something I left there. I won't take long."

"Fine. But I'll go in with you." Amirah said.

"Hey! I'm the big sis. I call the shots." They both rolled their eyes and it looked so creepy I shuddered.

"You guys should stop that." I said.

"Stop what?" They said at the same time.

I face palmed. "Nevermind."

We stopped at the fashion house and Amirah followed me despite my complains that I was just fine and I could go in by myself.

There was little progress. Almost how I left it the day before.

I searched around the workers looking for a particular face but I didn't see him. I was tempted to ask but I didn't want Amirah looking at me suspiciously so I just pretended to inspect somethings.

Amirah was tapping her foot impatiently. "What exactly are you looking for?"

I hurried to look for an excuse. "Uhrm..my bracelet?"

It came out as a question and she narrowed her eyes at me.

I waved my hand on her face. "See? I dropped my tiffany bracelet somewhere here. I can't find it."

"Ask the workers if they've seen it." Amirah said.

"Never mind. Let's go home." I said all but dragging her outside. She looked at me.

"Why are you acting so weird? Did that hit you had on your head affect some part of your brain?"

I laughed. "You never know."

We got in the car and drove home.

•••

Yazeed's POV

I saw her come in. She had that graceful presence that commanded the whole place. I stood hidden watching her look around looking for something. I watched as her eyes looked disappointed when she didn't find what she was looking for.