Chapter Eleven

Yasmin's POV

We arrived at the hospital in 20 minutes. I felt both nervous and good that he was with me. Would Afrah like him?

We walked briskly until we arrived at her room. I walked inside and saw someone with her. She was giggling at something the person said. I smiled seeing her happy.

The smile was wiped off my face when the person turned.

I was about to speak when Afrah spoke. "Ya yashmeen,auncle Salman brought me chocwolates and a pwincess colowing book." She was smiling and looked so happy I didn't want to burst her bubble.

I nodded at her and smiled. "That's good. But we don't want your teeth getting all rotten now do we?"

She shook her head, a wide grin on her face. "I'll eat just one a day."

I couldn't help the grin on my face. "Alright. Promise?"

She held out her pinky and I held mine out too. "Promise." She said

I kissed her little fingers and turned to see both Salman and Yazid looking at me.

Salman smiled but I didn't smile back. I turned to Yazid motioning him closer.

"Afrah,meet my friend Yazid. He came to see how you were doing."

Yazid came closer and smiled at her. "How are you today?"

"I'm fine. I don't feel much pain anymore." She said.

He nodded. "That's good. Nice to meet you Afrah."

She grinned. "Nish to meet you too Yazwid." Then she frowned as if she registered something. She turned to me.

"Ya yashmeen,is he the yazwid I heard you calling his name in your sleep?"

I gasped and my cheeks turned red. When did I call his name in my sleep. God I felt so embarrassed with both Yazid and Salman in the room.

I heard Yazid chuckle but I refused to turn my head to look at any of them.

Afrah,oblivious to the damage she caused continued. "You said you mished his voice while you were slweeping. I heard you."

I had enough. "Oh, you must've heard wrong." I gave a nervous chuckle.

Never been so embarrassed. And the funny part is that I didn't even know I called his name while asleep. What is wrong with me?

"I'm coming,I'll be right back." I excused myself before Afrah further embarrasses me.

I was standing outside the room when I felt someone stand next to me. I didn't have to turn to know who it was.

I was about to leave when he stopped me. "Please let's talk."

"I have nothing to say to you Salman."

"Please just listen to me. I'm sorry okay? I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know you were going through so much. Please forgive me."

"I don't care about your apology. I don't see why you even care. Your main purpose in this world is just to annoy the hell out of me and right now that's you're doing. Please just leave me alone."

He sighed. "What can I do to make it better? I know I've been a douche bag..."

I rolled my eyes at the obvious.

"...But I want to make it up to you. We started off the wrong way and I want us to atleast be friends."

"You don't have to feel obliged to make it up to me. I honestly don't care about what you do. I stopped caring about anything related to you a long time ago."