Chapter Eight

Yasmeen's POV

The building of my fashion house has been progressing fast but there was no progress between Yazeed and I.

I honestly didn't know what I was expecting to happen. For all I know,the feeling was one-sided or that maybe he has a girl friend. The thought alone made my heart hurt a little.

It's so strange you know. How someone can affect your life and change it in just a little while. Their presence alone brings you comfort. You yearn for their affection. Every single thing reminds you of them and the most painful part is that they don't even know you're pining over them.

I can't say when I started feeling this way towards him but I did. It's a beautiful as well as a painful feeling.

No matter how hard I tried to make him notice me, he acts like I'm invincible or just gives me short replies. He acts so professional that it was beginning to annoy me.

So I made a decision. There was only one way to get his attention...

***

"Let's go for lunch." I said my hands resting on my hips.

He looked clueless..how cute.

"What?" He asked

"I said let's go for lunch."

He scratched the back of his neck. I noticed he did that when he was embarrassed or nervous about something.

"Ehrm..I'm not really hungry." He said and just then his stomach grumbled. I smiled slyly.

"But your body is saying a totally different thing."

He smiled. He actually smiled. I was literally screaming inside.

"Ah well then,if you insist ma'am. Lead the way."

I did a little victory dance in my head.

I watched as he removed the safety gloves from his hands and walked over to the tap to wash them. He then proceeded to wash his legs also.

When he came, I made a once over on his outfit. He saw me watching and he looked over at his outfit which was the same old overall.

"Anything wrong?" He asked.

"Ehrm don't you think you should change from your work cloth?" I asked trying not to sound offensive.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"You see...we're going to a restaurant and well.."

"Oh..I see. You aren't taking me to some fancy restaurant are you?"

"Is that a bad thing?"

"I won't feel comfortable there. Come on,I know this great place. Their food tastes so good."

I was contemplating. Why was he being so extra nice today. Well in my favour,it's my lucky day. I don't care where we eat anyway as far as he's with me.

We went outside the building and I was headed to my car when he stopped me.

"You don't have to take the car. It's a walking distance from here." He said.