Happy, Happy, Happy

Grayson's POV
"Thank you, seriously," Annaliese tells me as we're resting on the side.
"It was nothing," I shrug. She stops and turns to me.
"No, it wasn't nothing," she starts to tell me. When I don't turn to her, she scoots herself so she's sitting in front of me.
"Look, now that I know you're super famous and everything, I am so much more thankful and astounded when you take time out of your day to do things for me," she says, grabbing my hands. "I can't believe I got so lucky to have a friend like you, Grayson Bailey," she finishes smiling.
"Why do you always say my middle name?" I ask, embarrassed.
"Why would I not?" She asks back, raising an eyebrow while smirking. She laughs and then responds, serious this time, "I like saying it because it's you, and you're the only Grayson Bailey I know." When she finishes, she automatically smiles, and I can't help but join in. All of a sudden, the music changes to "Feel Better When I'm Dancing" by Meghan Trainer and I watch as Annaliese's face completely lights up. Her mouth opens slightly in excitement and she starts moving to the beat. She jumps up onto her feet and starts hopping slightly.
"I love this song!!" She squeals a little. "Dance with me?" I can't resist her excitement, so I get up with her. She practically drags me out onto the dance floor and immediately starts to dance around with the beat. Hannah and her friends come closer to join in with her. She's jumping, and swaying and smiling and laughing so hard, harder than she ever has since the accident. I'm standing there like an idiot, not dancing at all, but admiring her. She turns her head towards me, smiles when she sees me and makes her way towards me.
"Dance!" She yells, so I can hear her over the music that Ethan turned up. I smile awkwardly and shrug my shoulders.
"I'm a terrible dancer," I yell back. She waves her arm in the air like it's no big deal and grabs one of my hands. She starts to move back and forth with the beat and then she twirls herself with my arm in the air.
"You don't need to know how to dance! Just feel the beat, feel the music and go for it!" She yells, still gracefully dancing. She lets go of my hand and motions to "dance." I start to, just trying to move with the beat, like how Annaliese did so effortlessly. I look up and Annaliese is smiling so beautifully, looking straight at me.
"You got it! Amazing!" She tells me in the way a game show host would tell their contestant, but also smiling.
When the song ends, she's panting pretty hard, and her face is really red. She waves off her friends to go hang with their dates again, and then turns to me. I can see in her eyes that she's not okay. And then I remember what the nurse said. "Make sure she doesn't exert too much energy, it could cause... something that we don't want." And from the way she looked at me, I knew it wasn't anything anyone ever wanted.
"Annaliese..." I start.
"No," she cuts me off from saying anything. "I'm enjoying myself."
"I know, and I'm overjoyed that you are, but the nurse told me that you can't exert too much energy," I stop dancing. She looks at me and I know she knows. She looks back at her friends, then turns back to me with a look of utter exhaustion.
"I'm just scared if I stop, I won't be able to get back up again and keep dancing, and I never want this night to end," she admits, her shoulders slumping.
"Annaliese, I don't know if you'll ever be able to do anything like this again if something happens." That gets her.
"You have to come with me, then," she tells me, like I wasn't already planning on it. I nod like I wasn't and she grabs my arm and we start to walk back to where we were shortly before. I sit down onto the ground, grunting slightly as I do. Annaliese looks over at me and gives me a weird look, which makes my face go red, and she laughs.
"You're not allowed to make fun of me," I tell her, the same way she whined to me earlier.
"As your friend, I am obligated to make fun of you," she replies, just like I did earlier, and then winks. We both laugh and then a comfortable silence takes over as we sit and watch everyone dancing.
"I wish I remembered you from before," Annaliese all-of-a sudden sighs out. I'm confused, obviously, because it came out of nowhere, but when I turn around to face her, I know that it was thought about.
Her face is pinched up, I can see she's fighting back tears, and her whole face just looks... defeated. "I wish I remembered everyone before this."
"But you do remember, practically everyone. It's okay if one part isn't clicking," I try to calm her down.
"That's the thing, Grayson, I don't!" She turns back to look at her friends. "The only people I recognize from out there is Hannah and Ethan, everyone else's faces I just vaguely know as friends, but I have no idea why they're my friends," she slumps down, stopping herself from looking at them anymore. That's when I get very confused.
"But... you were having so much fun with them, dancing and laughing," I try to figure this out.
"Because I was dancing to my favorite song, with three people that I actually know- Hannah, Ethan, and you. Everyone else was just... there," she stops herself from going on.
"Oh," is all I get out.
"I... I just want to remember so bad," she stumbles out, frustrated.
"I know you do, and so do all of us, but if you stress about, it could... it could make it worse," I tell her gently, trying not to freak her out.
"Well... Great," she says sarcastically.
"The best thing you can do right now is just relax, listen to the music and smile," I tell her, leaning over so she can see me, smiling right in her face. It automatically makes that oh-so-beautiful smile that I love.
"Okay okay, I'm all good. Look, I'm smiling again," she smiles smiling over-the-top to show me. She laughs when I do a funny face back. "Thank you, Grayson, you always know how to make me feel better when I don't have any intention of even smiling, let alone belly laughing," and with that she turns back around to face everyone again. She lets out a laugh and I have to look at what she's indicating. Ethan's dance moves could make anyone die of laughter they're so bad.

______________________________
I hope you enjoyed and I just think I should inform you to get yourselves ready for the next chapter!!! Four more...