Day Off

Annaliese's POV
I wake up to light hitting my face. I look at my phone... and it's filled with Instagram notifications. I didn't even know I had that many followers, but sure enough there were tons of likes, definitely my most famous picture, and so many comments, more than I've ever gotten on all of my pictures combined. They mostly were, "Oh my gosh! You got to meet them?" "I'm so JEALOUS!" "What were they like?" "Aren't they the hottest?" More of the last one than the rest, but it was cool to actually have a response on my photo, unlike the rest of my photos that only get a comment or two, total. I look at the time. It's 11. Holy crap. How did I sleep for that long? I really must have been just completely exhausted from my crazy weekend. I keep scrolling through all my notifications and see one that stands out. @ graysondolan has requested to follow you. He found me. He actually found me. How? My heart is beating, fast. I sit in the same position and stare at it for a solid two minutes before I realize that I haven't moved yet. I open my phone and immediately go to Instagram. And sure enough, it's there. The real Grayson Dolan wants to follow me. I accept it and get out of bed to change.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Changed and eating breakfast, I get a text from Grayson.
Message from Gray: hey so I saw your post. Ethan saw it too but he's been busy editing our video for tomorrow to ask to follow you.
Message to Gray: it's totally fine, I get it. So what's your video about tomorrow?
From Gray: you know thats classified
And I can just picture his smirk on his face when he sent it.
To Gray: I get it, I guess I haven't reached the friend 'new video' privileges yet
From Gray: I'll tell you later, I promise.
And then a few seconds later
From Gray: wait, shouldn't you be in school right now? Or are you just that good of a student that you don't have to pay attention?
I laugh. It really is a reasonable question.
To Gray: no no I just asked my mom if I could stay home. And she let me, considering my weekend
From Gray: aww I'm sorry, but that's awesome of your mom
We keep texting and I soon realize that it's 12:30. How have we already been texting for an hour and 15 minutes. I think about it. It's natural. It isn't forced and I've been having a lot of fun talking to him.
From Gray: oh my gosh. I didn't realize what time it was. I told E that I would come back and finish editing the video. I have to go, but I'll talk to you soon, k?
To Gray: of course 😊
I now have nothing to do, so I put my dishes away and go downstairs and put Netflix on. I find Once Upon A Time and press play. About an episode and a half in, I get a text from Hannah.
From Hannaliese (our friendship name): umm, I think you might have wanted to be here today
To Hannaliese: what do you mean?
I only get a one word response and it sends shudders down my spine.
From Hannaliese: Colin
Grayson's POV
I'm really excited for her to see this video, but also really nervous as well. I wanted to tell her, because I want her to feel special, but it would ruin the surprise, so I couldn't. At least not yet.
"Hey E! It's done!" I yell out to him, making him jog over to the editing room.
"I can't believe we're willingly putting up super embarrassing stories of us on the internet," I tell him.
"Hey, we're kind of stupid in that sense," E replies, shrugging his shoulders. He grabs a seat and I press play, to watch our now fully edited video. As soon as I press play, I get a ding from my phone. Someone texted me, but Ethan's faster and tells me, "you better wait until this is done." I put my hands up in surrender and leave my phone alone.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Eight minutes later, we sit, just staring at the screen. We look at each other and then back at the screen. "Whyyyy are we doing this to ourselves?" I question again.
"Hey, this is going to be interesting. People will know you were Ken and people will also know my nickname... great," he drops off at the end. But we both agree it's good, so we leave it, ready to upload for tomorrow. I remember that I had gotten a text, so I open my phone again. It's from Annaliese. I immediately smile, seeing it. I open messages and it reads, From Annaliese: I should've gone to school today
To Annaliese: what why?
I don't understand why she would want to now. She probably missed a bunch of work and regret not going. But instead of getting a response that I thought, I get something much worse that makes me sweat more than the video did.
From Annaliese: Colin

________________________________
Hey guys, sorry about the shorter chapter. The next one will be longer. Also, what do you think Colin did???