A View

Grayson's POV
"That was amazing!" Ethan says as soon as we step out of the restaurant.
"I know, I totally have a food belly right now," I say.
"Well then maybe you both shouldn't have eaten two milkshakes each," Annaliese fake scolds.
"What can we say," I say.
"We love our milk," Ethan finishes. We all laugh. We all climb back in the car, but Ethan gets in the drivers seat first, pushing me to the back. Now, Ethan and Annaliese are sitting in the front.
"Aww don't pout Gray, it's cuter when you smile," Annaliese tells me. But I don't care, because she feels comfortable calling me by a nickname and she called me cute. So, I do the only thing I can think of, I get up in her face and smile my biggest smile. She laughs her best laugh, and pushes me off her. I see Ethan give me a look in the mirror, but don't know what this one means. It's a new one. I'll ask him about it later.
Another 20 minutes later and we're pulling into the nature reserve park thing. I still don't have a complete idea of what it is. Annaliese tells us where to park, jumps out as soon as the car is stopped and looks around like she's a detective or a spy or something. E and I both get out of the car and ask "What the heck are you doing?"
She immediately stops what's she's doing, turns to us, gets all serious and says, "no paparazzi, no Annaliese existing except for with my group of six friends, my family and now you two." We both take her seriously this time, scared that she's not going to want to be friends with us since we've been stopped quite a few times to talk to, take pictures with, and ask why we were here, and then she smirks and says, "did you think I was already gonna ditch you? It's okay, you're too cute to leave behind on the curb." Then she winks at both of us and starts to skip away. Ethan and I look at each other like we don't exactly know what happened, but loved it anyway. Before she can get too far away, we run up behind her and Ethan takes her legs and I take her arms and we start to carry her over to the perfectly placed miniature fountain pond. She starts to kick and wiggle, but we both aren't letting her go.
"No, no, no, no! GUYS! Okay I promise I won't make any more stupid jokes if you let me down!" She protests.
"Oh but we love the stupid jokes," I say back.
"Okay okay! I would make another stupid joke if you weren't getting closer to that body of water right now."
"Wait, she asked us to put her down, right Grayson?" Ethan asks me, mockingly.
"Why yes, yes she did," I answer back.
"Well we better give her what she wants then," he says.
"We shall." And with that, Annaliese's eyes grow very large, because she realized that we are now right next to the little pond.
"You're so dead," she says as we release her, right into the little pond. She's back up within seconds and she has a look of pure devilishness in her eyes. "I just remembered that you guys did bring extra clothes right? And they're sitting in your bed of your trunk?" She asks, already knowing the answer, and then taking off running before we can comprehend what's happening. When we get to the truck, she's already in the bed and has my backpack open, with her hands ready to wring out her shirt onto it. I put my hands up in self defense.
"Okay, you win. Just remove your hands from your wet shirt," I say, trying for calm.
"Oh, but I don't actually think I won, because I have to sit in sogginess for the rest of the night, and all the way home as well," she tells me, threatening to move her hands, never breaking eye contact with me.
"Okay, I'll give you a deal." Her eyes light up when I say that. "I'll let you borrow a pair of sweatpants and Ethan will let you wear one of his shirts, since he also helped," I say. Ethan shrugs next to me and nods his head in agreement.
"Fine," she says, "but you can't push me into any other bodies of water, deal?"
"Deal," Ethan and I say together.

Annaliese's POV
After another 10 minutes, I was in dry clothes again. It was weird how normal and natural it felt to be wearing their clothes. I know it sounds weird, but they were just super comfortable and it somehow felt right. Still weird, I know. I walk out to meet them again. My hair was still soaking wet, so I quickly pulled it up into a messy bun. It would have to do. At least until it mostly dried.
"Ready now?" Ethan asked me.
"I was 15 minutes ago, but then I had a trip up with these two boys and a small pond," I say while smirking. They both chuckle and we're finally on our way to the nature trail. There are six different twirls you can take, depending on how many animals you want to see, the kind of animals and how long you want to walk. We decide on the medium route with the most animals.

Grayson's POV
We've been walking for 20 minutes and by now, it's starting to get dark. We all decide we still want to finish the route, but know it's okay if we don't see all the animals.
"Oh look! It's the best enclosure!" Annaliese exclaims as she points to the sign. We all go where the sign is pointing. It leads out to a bridge, where one side is the bear enclosure and the other is the tiger enclosure. She's up against the railing, and I notice that she's facing the sunset as well. It's the perfect picture. So, with me behind her so she can't see, I pull out my phone and take a photo of her, with her back towards me, and her facing the sunset. It's a perfectly aesthetically pleasing photo and it's super cool. I pull up my insta, crop it with her body being the middle, and caption it, "had some fun adventuring with some of the best people ever 😊" and share it. I knew people were going to ask about the "some people" but I didn't care, I wanted her to know that she was awesome. I smiled down at my phone and put it away before she notices I had it out at all. I look back up to see Annaliese looking around at the trees and just the nature in general, pointing to everything and being amazed by it all. Her face said everything. The three hour car ride, another hour to get here, and having an allergic reaction was definitely worth it. She was beyond worth it. I smiled down at the ground and stepped up to join her at the railing, letting her point out everything that was her favorite. I look at Ethan and can tell we're thinking the same thing. 'I can't believe we were lucky enough to meet her.'