Truth

Grayson's POV
"You lied to me. You said I was the famous one, that you were just a teenager and that we've been friends for a long time, forever, actually." I can see the hurt in her eyes, on her face.
"You said that everyone loved me. You said that you were my friend, but friends don't lie to each other." She stops talking, clearly making her point. She turns around and I can hear her sniffle.
She's right. I did lie. I did say those things.
I get up, turning to walk out the door, but something in me tells me to stop. I can't lose her, not now, especially after everything we've been through.
"You're right," I start to say, still facing the door. "You're right about everything. I said all those things, and I'm not going to try to make an excuse for lying to you about who I was- about who Ethan and I both were- but I can tell you that you are as famous as I said. And I am a teenager, one that many people know, but you didn't and it got rid of the pressure. We just had to be ourselves. It was selfish of me, I get that now, but being here, with you, and not having to be anything but Grayson, an 18 year old, was some of the best times I've had in six years." I'm facing back towards her, but she's still looking the other way.
"And from my point of view, we've been friends with each other for the amount of time that's actually mattered, which made me feel like we've been friends forever. We built a relationship so close together that it didn't matter the actual time that we had been friends, but only mattered that we were." She's starting to turn her head slightly, so I can't stop now.
"Annaliese, I don't know what else to say, except that you are absolutely incredible and I didn't want to lose you, you're too precious to me; and, I'm sorry for being an idiot." I stop talking, take a deep breath in, and turn back around towards the door.
"Wait," I hear a small voice say. I flip back around, and she's looking at me again. In fact, she's staring right at me, just like she did earlier today. "Please, come back." I do as she asks, pulling up a chair to sit down next to her bed.
"Grayson Bailey Dolan, why do you come here everyday for three hours?" She asks me, simply wanting the truth. Looking into her eyes, I can't lie to her anymore. I can't do it.
"I love you," I whisper, suddenly realizing how close our faces are. She seems surprised, but doesn't move. She just looks into my eyes, and I see them dancing again.
"I... I don't know what to say," she stumbles out.
"You don't have to say anything," I tell her, gently putting a stray hair behind her ear. "You deserved the truth, and I wasn't going to keep it to myself anymore." She simply smiles that adorable smile.
"You're incredible too," She whispers out, which only makes my heart swell for her even more.
I can feel her breath on my face, and I look down at her lips. I want to close this gap.

Annaliese's POV
He's looking at me with those eyes and I want nothing more than to do exactly what my body is telling me to do, but something inside me is telling me not to. Like a warning.
Two minutes ago, I was hurt worst than I ever remember feeling hurt, which isn't that much, but it stung- bad.
Then, something in me triggers, like I was remembering something, but not the actual memory.
"What day is today?"
"May 22nd," he answers, slightly confused. I feel my heart start to sink.
"And I was in that coma for how long?" I ask, anxious. He looks down at his lap and swallows.
"Five weeks." I can tell it's hard for him to say, but it's hard for me to hear too.
"I missed Prom," I realize, turning to face forward in the hospital bed. "And graduation, and all my senior friends' last days. I missed the last month of school." I start to feel it sink in deeper.
I'm not going to remember my junior year prom.
Hell, I don't even remember my junior year at all. I can't remember anything about it. I can't remember the first day, or Homecoming, or Christmas Break, or my birthday, or anything.
"I don't remember my junior year, Grayson. I can't remember any of it. I... I don't know what happened the last year of my life." I turn to face him again, and I see tears falling off his face. He's not looking up at me, he's facing down, so I can't see his face, but I can see the tears as they hit his legs, leaving a dark mark from where they fell.
"I'm sorry," I tell him, which makes him raise his face towards me.
"For what?" He asks, utterly confused, whilst wiping tears from his face.
"You have all these memories of me, of us, and I can't remember one. You have a different kind of torture than I do. You remember everything, but I can't join you in those experiences. I have nothing, but I know that I'm missing something. It's two different kinds of torture, so I'm sorry for blaming you for everything." I'm starting to cry as well, and he's shaking his head, like I shouldn't believe anything that I'm saying.
"Please don't apologize, Annaliese," he starts to say. "You have nothing to apologize for." I grab his hands this time, holding them on my lap.
"Yes, I do. I was so angry that I couldn't remember anything, but everyone else could and when I found out that everything you had told me wasn't the whole truth, I was... livid, because you had this truth, and I didn't, but you used that opportunity to just be who you wanted to be with me. And I...couldn't," he was shaking, and all I could do was keep talking.
"Grayson, you were the only one who didn't see me as 'a girl who got in a crash and then lost her memory,' but you simply saw me as me- as Annaliese. I hope that you can forgive me, Grayson, because I really want another chance." I finally stop talking. He looks up at me, with tears streaming down his face.
"I... thought I lost you," he admits, looking into my eyes. I give him a small smile, tears still falling.
"You're stuck with me now."

______________________________
I'm sorry for the bad quality of this chapter. Hopefully, the next ones will be a whole lot better! Only six left😘