Annaliese's Debut

Annaliese's POV
"No, I know, but like-"
"Meet me downstairs in the game room in five minutes," Grayson bursts through the door and interrupts me speaking.
"Umm, can I ask what for?" I cautiously ask. He stares at me for a second.
"Nope," he bluntly says, leaving and closing the door behind him.
"Well alrighty then," I say after the initial shock of whatever just happened leaves. I turn to Hannah. "I guess I'm going to the game room."
We both shrug at each other.
"Good luck," she gives me a nervous smile and then turns to look at something on her phone.
"Here goes nothing," I tell myself, going downstairs.

I walk into the game room to see Ethan anxiously running around, trying to find things. When I find Grayson, I realize what for. Grayson is sitting on the longest couch, which can seat up to six people, in front of three large lights and a camera. The camera is what makes my stomach drop. I honestly thought they forgot about making a video with me. Grayson looks up at me, and smirks.
"Are you ready to film a video?"

Flashback
I walk back and forth in front of my parents' door. I reach out to knock, but pull it back, just like I had done four times previously. I take a deep breath, steady myself, and finally knock. My mom opens almost immediately.
"Oh hey Sweetie! What's going on?" She excitedly asks.
"I wanted to talk to you about something," I tried keeping it as least ominous as possible. Instead of saying anything, she opens the door to let me in. She sits back on her bed with my dad. I look up at their faces and notice, even though they're trying really hard not to show it, that they're now anxious about whatever I have to say. I smile while taking a breath, and start.
"So, do you guys remember those boys who came over a couple months ago and spent the night?" I ask, easing into it. My mom's face lights up.
"Oh yeah! The ones who also surprised you at homecoming to be your dates? They are such great boys! What about them?" She asks, once again excited about what I have to say.
"I was thinking about being in one of their videos for their YouTube channel..." I watch my parents' faces move to alarmed, then confused, then interested, then settle on questioning.
"A video?" My dad asks. I nod my head. "They're famous?" I nod slower. My mom's face lights up as her arm moves and hits my dad.
"That first day you met them was to go to their world tour, wasn't it?" She says slightly alarmed.
"It was," I whisper. I look up to see the disapproval in their eyes, and have to act fast. "Look, I know that it may be something that is really out there, but I think it would be a really cool thing to do, plus it wouldn't even change much here because it's such a small place and I doubt any of these farmers watch them and their videos," I try to make a case. They look at each other, then turn back to me.
"You're almost 17 now, so I respect your decision to want to do this, but I really suggest you think it through completely before you make your final decision, because once you put yourself out there, there's no going back," my dad's voice rings in my ears.
"I know, I promise," I tell them as sincerely as possible. I hug both of them and can't help but skip back down to my room from excitement. I also can't help but keep hearing my dad's last sentence in my head, over and over again.
"Once you put yourself out there, there's no going back."
End of Flashback
I can't help but remember what my dad said as I stare at Grayson in front of a camera, waving me over and patting the seat next to him. Ethan comes up behind me and gives me a hug.
"Are you ready to become a Dolan Twin?" He asks as he wiggles his eyebrows. I laugh and nod.
"Of course," it doesn't come out as strong as I thought it would. Ethan gives me a weird look for a second and then turns back to finish setting up the camera. Grayson hops up from his seat and pulls me around the corner.
"Is everything alright?" He asks, sincere concern evident on his face. I listen to his question but can't help but realize the position he just put us in. We're around a corner so Ethan can't see or hear us, I'm up against the wall, Grayson's arm is resting on the wall to the right of my head, and his face is less than a foot away from mine.
'He could easily kiss me right now,' I think without being able to stop the thought from coming through my brain. I shake out the thought as best I can and answer him.
"Yeah yeah. Totally, it's just... I've never been in a video before," I nervously get out.
His muscles next to my face relax and he takes a deep sigh in. He looks back up and our eyes meet.
"I'm really excited that you're going to be in this, I promise, just be yourself and everyone will absolutely adore you, just like...us," he finishes and turns around to go back to the couch. I can't help but hear the hesitation in his voice before he said "us." I don't get much time to think about it though, because Ethan yells from around the corner.
"I'm ready! I need someone to focus it on, though." Grayson turns back to me.
"That would be me," he jokingly sighs in exasperation. I grab his arm.
"Can I do it?" I ask, excited again. He smiles, steps back, waves his arm to go ahead of him and says, "why of course."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"WHAT'S UP GUYS! We're back! Today, upon requests, we will be doing '#AskEthanandGrayson Part 4!'"
I stand behind the camera while the boys do their intro. We decided that they would start off the video, just themselves, and I would pop in after a minute or two by answering one of their questions for them.
"First question: what's your favorite canned fruit?" Grayson reads. I involuntarily snort a tiny bit.
"Annaliese!" They both scold me. I put my hands up in surrender.
"I'm sorry... it's just... why'd you choose that one to not only be in the video, but your first question?" They look at each other.
"You're right," they both admit.
'This is gonna take awhile,' I think.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Question four: where do you live?" Grayson asks.
"New Jawsey," I blurt out in my best accent, popping up from behind the couch. They both start cracking up laughing. "What?" I protest.
"No... no you... were fine... it's just... that was a great accent... We didn't know you were... doing that," Ethan gets out in between his laughter.
"Now we have to do that again!" I scold them.
"Worth it," They both simultaneously say.
"Grrr," I growl, getting back behind the couch.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Half an hour later and they finally got over my accent and we moved onto the next part of the video.
"New Jawsey," I blurt out for the upteenth time.
"Woah, where'd you come from?" Grayson asks, pretending not to know.
"My parents... and Illinois," I casually say.
The twins look at each other, back at me, at each other, the camera and then back to me.
"Well, you're right on time. Let's look at our next question," Ethan says, scooting over so I'm in between them. I jump over the couch and land, sorta- not- really at all, nicely. They can't help but burst out laughing when I put my arms up like how the gymnasts do in the Olympics.
"Question five: whatever happened to that one girl you went to homecoming with???" Grayson swigs his head to face the camera, and intensely says the question.
"So, What... What did happen to you?" Ethan asks, looking at me.
"Oh! That was me! Hi everyone! I would like to formally introduce myself as Annaliese. I am a junior in high school in Illinois and I met these two in Chicago one day. They were super sweet and we easily became great friends. I originally wanted to stay out of this life of theirs, but they've been bugging me about doing something, so here I am. I'm super excited to be able to do this and I really hope you guys enjoy this video, because we took half an hour to shoot that last question," I end with a soft laugh. They look at me, eyes wide, and hit me lightly on the arm they're sitting next to.
"They weren't supposed to know that," Ethan fake whines.
"Well, too bad. Someone call Victoria cause her secret's out," I finish with a smirk on my face. They look at me, the camera, and then back at me... and burst out in their all-too-famous Dolan Twins laugh.
"We can't cut that out," Grayson tells Ethan.
"I know," he answers when he can catch his breath.
"Question six," I start, letting them get back onto business, as much as laughing this much can be called business.
______________________________
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It was interesting to write. I wonder how this will effect (don't know if I used the right one there, but who ever knows?) Annaliese's life?