Idiot: Take Two

Ethan's POV
I knock on the door lightly before opening it.
"Gray? You good?" I ask, fully opening the door to reveal my brother sprawled out on his bed staring at his computer screen. He doesn't move. I make my way over to where he is and look at what has all of his attention. His screensaver. I stop. 'No wonder he hasn't been his most cheerful self the past couple weeks,' I think. 'He can't get over her.'
"Grayson, what are ya doin'?" I ask him, trying to get him to get his own realization.
"Ethan, I don't know what to do, man. All I can think about is her," he pauses, never letting his eyes off of the screen.
"And why is that?" I ask, sitting down on the chair across from him.
"Because... because she's amazing. She makes my heart feel things that I didn't think were possible. She makes me feel all the things that she feels. She's hilarious, and I love her laugh," he pauses, caught up in thinking about her. "...Her laugh makes me want to melt. It could cure diseases, or start one because it's so contagious," he pauses again, but this time he looks away from the computer and I can see his face go red.
"Why haven't you told her?" I finally question.
"I have I have," He immediately responds with. "But it isn't actually her," he stops. I give him one huge confused face and he starts to explain. "I've been making these videos..."
"We both have, it's kind of what we do," I make sure he still remembers.
"No," he awkwardly laughs a little. "I've been recording myself talking to Annaliese everyday. It's what I've been feeling, what I've thought about that day and I tell her about when she comes to mind during the day," he stops, looking at me, scared of what I might say.
"Okay... that's awesome and everything, but how long had it been since you guys talked before that whole incident happened?" 'I can't believe my brother went through all that trouble just for one girl... I can't blame him, though. I would do the same thing for Hannah.'
"Her birthday!" He shouts like he won or something. But then he realizes it's the end of the month.
"And before that?" I ask, prompting him.
"About a week or two after homecoming," he breathes out, finally realizing it. He looks at his screen again. Sitting across from him, I can see it in his eyes. The genuine devastation, the pure guilt. "I'm an idiot... a complete and utter idiot. I can't believe that I was stupid enough to not talk to her," he admits, looking at the picture.
"Just because you apologize to her picture, doesn't mean she actually knows. You have to tell her, Grayson. You have to do it- for yourself and for her," I tell him, making eye contact. He immediately looks away, breaking the contact.
"I... can't," he struggles saying it.
"Why? What's holding you back? Why can't you just talk to her?" I raise my voice, trying to get to him.
"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HURT HER AGAIN! I CAN'T TAKE THAT! OKAY!?" He finally lets out.
"Grayson, if you don't do something... you're going to hurt her even more," I tell him softly, gentle now. He sags over.
"I... just...don't know where to even start," he finally admits. "I care about her so much and I know I hurt her, I could see it in her when you were facetimeing earlier, and I can't expect her to just forgive me like that. She probably doesn't even want to talk to me now," he chokes out. 'Is he about to cry? I've never seen him actually cry!! Especially over a girl! He can't cry! What?!' My brain starts worrying. "Ethan, I know I'm an idiot, but what do I do? I can't expect her to forgive me for my idiocy, or all the stuff that I put her through." I open my mouth to say something, but he cuts me off. "At this point, Ethan, I have come to the conclusion that I lost her, and I know I did, and I will let all of my memories with her be just that- amazing, fun, and the best past that it can be," he pauses, looking at me. "Now, if you would excuse me, I'm going to go back to looking at one of the many memories we made with her in our short time knowing Annaliese." And with that, he turns back to his screensaver.
'That damn homecoming picture with her.' I knew what I had to do. I left the room and immediately went to my room. I pulled my phone out and dialed the one person I knew who could help fix this. She picks up on the second ring.
"Ethan, we need to figure something out," she tells me before I can say anything.
"Well, I also have something we need to figure out, but you go first."
"Annaliese misses Grayson like crazy and we need to get them to apologize or something to each other," she tells me, not backing down. I laugh.
"Grayson literally has holed himself up in his room and has spent I don't know how long just staring at his favorite homecoming photo of them together which he will continue to do for I don't know how long," I tell her.
"So you're on board?" She asks, slightly nervous.
"Yes I'm on board! What do we do first?" I ask her.
"We need to get them in the same room. I know Annaliese is dying to talk to him, but she says she can't call him because she doesn't expect him to forgive her," she explains, slightly exasperated.
"Oh my gosh! Grayson too! Except he really should apologize for stuff. What does Annaliese have to apologize for?" I ask, confused.
"She feels bad that she blamed him for what happened, which caused her to call him and leave that voicemail that one day," she says, almost brushing it aside.
"Okay, so we get them in the same room... how are we supposed to do that? We're really far away from each other. You remember that, right?" I ask, worried she forgot.
"Oh, I remember. But, I definitely have a plan, Mr. Ethan," she tells me, her "I have a plan" voice taking over.
"I would love to hear it," I smile as she starts to talk.

______________________________
In honor of me finishing the book today, don't worry there are still plenty of chapters, i decided to give you guys another chapter. Yayyy!
Ohhhhhh! What are they gonna do??? I won't drag this out, so it'll be in the next chapter, yay!!