Day after Day

Annaliese's POV
It feels like I've been watching the boys through a glass window. It feels like I'm just a girl trying to get their attention. They've been gone for almost three weeks now. My birthday is in two days... I'm really feeling the celebrating mood.
The first week Grayson and I still talked quite a bit, but then he slowly talked to me less and less. It felt like he was putting me down, in a soft way. And I wanted to cry because of it. I had just got them, became friends with them, just gotten to know them, and they already felt like a world away again. It felt like I was just a fan again, them not knowing who I was and me simply watching them on my phone screen. The thing that I'm most confused about is that when we did talk, Grayson sounded generally happy and joyful. Not just because he was on tour, but because we were talking. So, when we stopped and he didn't give me an explanation, I was even more discouraged.
It's like I jumped back two months. To before I knew them... well, actually knew them. Knew the real them. My schedule went back to simply focusing on school, work, and after school activities. It was simply a machine of the same days, over and over. And I felt trapped. Trapped because I knew I had a better life before, when the Twins were around, but now I was stuck in a boring life again... knowing what I once had. And it was the worst. The days were monotonous, I could feel the depth of similarity in my weeks, in my days. Until one day at work.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Hey, you're Annaliese right?" I hear a voice ask, while I'm walking in to punch in. I look and see Rick; a college sophomore and probably the best looking boy who I work with.
"Yeah, that's me," I say, casual.
"I know this is super weird and everything, but I've been watching you," he pauses. And I'm genuinely confused. Like, what the heck did he just say? "I knew that would be way too weird," his voice gets wavy, uncertain, not as confident. "I'm sorry. What I meant is that I've seen you working and I've heard some of the coworkers talking about you. They really like you," he tries to explain. I smirk. I was scared people didn't like me, since only three people actually talk to me. He sighs. "What I'm trying to say is... I want to get to know you. The actual you..." he pauses again.
"How would you like to do that?" I ask him with a smirk. He smiles back. He's natural again; good.
"I was hoping I could get your number and we could just talk or something. Or maybe we could get some coffee or something together and talk that way?" He pauses, again nervous. I don't know why. He's literally just asking to talk to me, in a place that's not at work.
"Calm down. That sounds great! I'd love to. I want to see who the mysterious 'Rick' is anyway," I answer. I give him my number quickly and rush off to go punch in. I look back just in time to see him looking right at me, smiling like an idiot. I've never seen him smile that big. Huh.

Grayson's POV
"We haven't talked in one week, two days and 3 hours. And it's all my fault. I've genuinely been super busy with the tour and everything, but I've also been busy making these," I pause, indicating the video diary that I'm recording. "I know it's sucked. It's been killing me not to talk to you, but I guess it's better for me because, in a way, I'm still able to talk to you, through these," I sit down in a huff at the end of my sentence. "I'm exhausted, Annaliese. Absolutely exhausted. And I miss you like crazy. I didn't think I would miss you this much. I really didn't. I thought that me being gone for a few months would help me get over you... not fall for you harder." I pause. I can't believe I just actually said that. And it's recorded. I might not give her this one. "I almost forgot! I have a story. So, we were walking into New Zealand's airport and I saw this key chain." I pause while I pull it out. It has a picture of the night sky, with stars and a pretty ombré effect with blue and purple. "I saw this and immediately thought of you. I remember you telling me how much you love watching the sky and all that it has. So, how could I not get it when it immediately made me think of you?" I stop, looking down at the tiny emblem. "I know it's stupid, but even though you really like it, I'm keeping it..." I debate whether I want to say what comes to my mind. "For the sole reason that it reminds me of you and I always want you with me, so it has to stay with me... And, it's your birthday in two days! I've already sent out your present, so it should be there, I'm hoping, right on your birthday. I wish I could be there when you open it and are surprised. I wish I could be there, hanging out with you. I wish that I could be there to sing you happy birthday, in my terrible singing voice. And even though your ears would be hurting, you would still laugh, smile, thank me, and then make a joke about it. I would be completely willing to be made fun of, if it meant you were there and I could see you and talk to you. Well, I'll 'see' you tomorrow." I almost push the stop recording button, but can't help myself. "I miss you like crazy. Please don't forget about me... about us." And then I hit stop. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. That one was by far the most embarrassing. The other ones only had me telling her my favorite memories and how I wish she were in the audience, making stupid jokes when I fall in the "Dizzy Waiter Challenge."
I'm so beyond screwed if anyone finds these, especially Ethan. It's like he read my mind, because in comes Ethan to my dressing room.
"Hey! You ready bro? It's almost time for us to go out." He comes over patting me on the back. I look at him, down at my new keychain, and then back at him.
"I could not be more ready!"

_________________________
Oh no! Annaliese thinks he's forgetting her, but he's doing far from it! What do you think? Do you like it? Comment and whatnot, if you'd like. Love ya!