Lies

Annaliese's POV
There's something about those eyes that look familiar. And I know he's my friend, I know that, but that's not it. There's something else that I can't pin down.
He's holding my hands in his big ones, and I don't have any intentions of removing them from each other, because for some reason, it just feels right.
"Did I put you in the friend zone?" I blurt out, immediately regretting it. He's taken aback, which makes him remove his hands from mine, I get chills from the sudden loss in contact.
"What? Nonono," he's flustered, I can feel it from his slight babbling.
"Grayson, look at me," I state calmly, putting my hand on his face and turning it so he's looking at me. "Were we just friends?" I ask, trying to figure out the answer through his eyes. And I do.
We weren't, no, but we also weren't dating either. There's something else. A reason, but what? There's a painful memory he's trying to hide. And I'm going to figure out what it was. I need to remember everything about this boy that comes to visit me everyday for three hours.
"Grayson Bailey Dolan, I hope I remember you soon," I tell him as the nurse- no, two nurses-come in to give me my medicine. One of them ushers him out, just like every other day, and he's just staring at me, confused and surprised and happy, all at once. I smile to myself as one of the nurses stares after him, while the other is getting my medicine ready.
"Who is that?" I ask the one nurse, realizing that she's much younger.
"That's one of the Dolan Twins, how do you know him?" She asks me, excitedly. I give her a confused look, but before I can respond, the other nurse interrupts.
"Okay, Stacy, I can get her, you go ahead and get the next one ready," and ushers, who I now know as Stacy, out.
"What did she mean when she said, 'how I know them?'" I ask the nurse.
"Oh, don't mind her, she gets a bit confused every now and then," she waves it away like nothing, and hands me my medicine. She watches me swallow it, then gives me a different stuffed animal from my room and leaves. I look down at the wolf in my hand.
"What did she mean?" I ask it. Nothing. I can't help my curious self and take my phone out. I'm not supposed to look at things, because it could make me freak out that I don't remember the memory, but I can't help it. I go to Safari and search what Stacy had said.
"The Dolan Twins"
I gasp slightly when I see what pulls up. Thousands and thousands of results, all of them being the actual Ethan and Grayson that I've grown to know. I look at their descriptions.
"18
Comedian"
Normal people don't have descriptions on google. My heart starts to pick up speed, so I close out of Safari. I go to my messages, and scroll until I find a contact that's too interesting a name to not look at. I click on "Peach." I start reading the messages and start to worry when I don't know who this person is. Except when I see, "Ethan's being a lameo and won't skateboard with me." I look at my response, "just kick him, I bet that'll work fine." I laugh at myself, involuntarily. I keep scrolling up and continue reading. I need to know what kind of relationship we had. I scroll all the way up and stop when I see a video from Grayson. I click on it and it starts playing. I watch as they go out on a stage, how they greet a bunch of screaming teenagers, how they ask for them to sing a friend in the states happy birthday. And by the end, my heart is beating out of my chest and my breathing is ragged. I quickly close out of it, not knowing what to believe. I go to my instagram, scrolling through my photos. Almost half of my most recent ones are with one or both of the twins. I start to read the comments.
"They would be the best power couple."
"My two fav famous' need to get together already."
"They give me life."
"I love Annaliese and all, but I'm pretty sure she just got her fame from the Twins."
"Do the Twins know if she just used them?"
A drop of water falls on my phone, and I start to freak out. Then I realize it was from me, and that I'm crying. I'm crying and I can't breathe and I don't know who I am at all.
"Annaliese! Annaliese! I need you to breathe with me!" The nurse comes running back into my room, trying to get my attention, but I don't listen. My heart rate continues to pick up and my breathing becomes more rough. "Get 10 ccs of the CD in her!" I hear her order someone.
Which is when I can see him through the window again. His face has worry written all over it. He comes rushing into the room, coming straight for me. I start to feel my heartbeat start to slow.
"Hey Hey Hey, what's going on? What's wrong?" I continue crying. "Annaliese, please I need you to start taking deep breaths," he starts to grab my hands, but I pull away. Hurt plays across his face. My heart rate starts to feel normal again. "Annaliese..." he starts, then I fall backward.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I wake up ten minutes later. I see Grayson talking quickly with the nurse, neither of them realizing that I'm up again.
"What happened?" Grayson asks, scared as hell.
"We aren't sure, but we saw this on her phone," I watch as she hands him my phone. His face drops, and he looks down at the ground.
"I knew it," I finally say. They both turn to me, surprised that I'm awake.
"Annaliese-" Grayson starts, coming to my bed.
"No." I put my hand up to stop him. "You lied to me. You said I was the famous one, that you were just a teenager and that we've been friends for a long time, forever, actually. You said that everyone loved me. You said that you were my friend, but friends don't lie to each other." I stop talking, turning away from him. I hear him get up, and feel a tear fall from my face.
__________
I promise the last chapters will be longer, and again, the next chapter will pick up where this just left off, but from a different perspective.
Love love love all of you for coming on this journey with me!! Keep reading and enjoying! Only seven more chapters left!

(Also, I'm sosososososo happy that today is Tuesday, but I start school back up again in two days and I really don't want to. Ughhh)

(Also, if you like Shawn Mendes, I've been working on a Shawn Mendes fanfic and I published the first chapter last Thursday, Happy BDay Shawn, and so it would mean so much to me if you guys just checked it out. It's only the first chapter, but I'll be publishing the next one this Thursday so there'll be two then. It would mean so much to me, but don't worry I also have another Grayson fanfic in the works as well! ❤️❤️)