eleven

After lunch, I headed straight for Biology, thanking the heavens it wasn't friday, otherwise I would have to face serious problems about sex even though I could care less. I just basically didn't want to hear anything about it at the moment, I've already repeatedly heard it the last time I saw Mr. Styles and neither did that go well for my poor heart.

I sat down my usual spot, which thankfully didn't change, my bag placed down next to my chair, bearing all sorts of mess like notebooks, but most importantly a copy of Sea Sides and White Lies. I wasn't going to miss a change on recalling whatever happened to it, especially now that I've confirmed Mr. Styles actually read it. So far I've went through about twenty chapters, and the whole book contained at least fifty eight, with six hundred pages so I was definitely not there yet. But nevertheless, I never thought I would actually be immersed in reading it again after I have mercilessly thrown it out my window. I don't know if it was because of Harry, or I just really misjudged the book.

The story went like this; Hannah Coleman is an aspiring writer from Scotland; when she was given the opportunity to write a book by a publishing house she works in, she starts to shovel into her past to find materials to write, which was also vital for her to remember. She was involved on a shipwreck ten years ago which unfortunately killed both of her parents and left her orphaned. For years she's been trying to find out who she really was and besides all the stories of fiction she wanted to create, she desired to write down the things she's forgotten. When she starts unraveling her past with the help of people who took care of her, suddenly two boys came into the picture and begged to be in her book.

Those two boys were Niall and Sebastian. And of course at first Hannah refused, she couldn't be bothered now that she was finally knowing what her past was genuinely like. Because of fearless determination, the two start to compete to get her attention which inevitably happens, and they become friends as Hannah realized they were actually fun to be with, and she needed fun in her life even just for once. Slowly but surely the boys weren't fighting for a place in the book anymore, they were fighting for a space in her heart and Hannah becomes torn in between the two of them. Which gives away the whole story for me by the way. That whole thing was the main reason I threw the book out. It was just so sappy for me.

However I understand why Mr. Styles loved it. Hannah was a young dreamer among old and respected professionals in a serious field, and Harry is practically the same person. Perhaps minus the petty love triangle stuff, but the story perfectly illustrates the trials of becoming the person you want to be. Maybe he had hardships too like the character in the book, and it gave him hope to get to where he is right now. Which is now that I've thought about it, fantastic. But unfortunately it'll always have that cringy impact on me whether Mr. Styles likes it or not. I read it still anyway. In fact while the whole class was waiting for him to arrive inside the classroom, I found myself reading it on top of the armchair.

I was currently at the part where Hannah was meeting Niall for the first time by the beach after meeting Sebastian earlier. By how the author described Niall, he was like this guy with the angelic eyes and smile, and Sebastian was the devilishly gorgeous guy with sly grins and stares. Either way they were both depicted with social anxiety issues, something I could relate to. I didn't even know how I could read calmly at that point when everything hasn't still properly entered my head the way it should have. Normally I wouldn't even be able to read simple words when the world is going downhill behind me.

Although I did get a really good quote while reading, and I wasn't really sure how I'm going to use it in Biology, nor Sex Ed. It was basically useless when it comes to reality, but a snort came out of me when I read it in my head.