eight

I opened my unusually heavy eyes, my vision blurry as the street lights quickly hurtled towards me all at the same time, the skies dark and the sidewalks crowded with establishments and people roaming around

I opened my unusually heavy eyes, my vision blurry as the street lights quickly hurtled towards me all at the same time, the skies dark and the sidewalks crowded with establishments and people roaming around. I could feel vibrating under my shoes, my head throbbing in pain, and my stomach growling in a weird mixture of starvation and fullness. I wanted to throw up and eat at the same time. I squeezed shut my eyelids and leaned my back further on whatever I was sitting on, placing a hand over to my face, applying pressure to my forehead as if it was going to reduce the headache.

Of course it didn't do anything, but I remained hopeful. I would do anything to get rid of it. I began on my attempts to fathom what was happening, confused as I realized I was inside a car, my eyeglasses missing from being attached to my face. And I didn't remember being inside a car at all before I passed out. All I could recall was being inside Stella's office and smothering my face all over the floors because of the acid Chaster made me drink. Those fucking bastards. And to think that I drank it because he was the one giving it to me, and because he was attractive made me want to bang my head into a wall to make it hurt even more.

What was I thinking? I've officially hit a whole new level of down in my life. Before it was the fact that I left Bill at the bus stop, and now that. For some reason I wanted to somehow impress Chester because I was pathetic, and now I'm suffering the concequences of my idiocy. Why did I even do that, I didn't even know him that well. And of all things, I could have died. I deserve to suffer like this, and not even just that. I deserve everything that happened to me today. Is it even the same day? I couldn't care less, for the pain consuming my head ate up every single thought that would cross my mind.

I tilted my head to the side, the mattress of the car seat different from the way Angel's car caressed my skin, So I definitely wasn't inside her car. Which made me instictively think that I was in someone else's. Upon realization my eyes flew open; my pupils dilating in astonishment as I processed my surroundings. Seated next of me was a familiar young man, looking far out the road as he firmly grasped the staring wheel with one hand, the other resting just above his thigh. I wanted to sink into the seat right then and there in confusion and nervousness. What the fuck was I doing in his car?

And other than that, how did I get from being inside Stella's office to where I was at the moment? A wave of agitation suddenly took over me. The last time I checked, I look horrible. My hair was everywhere, my face was stained here and there, my clothes were soaked in sweat and regret. Meanwhile Mr. Styles sat there all in his glory, wearing a red floral shirt, and black skinny jeans, his hair messily done. Nothing like the suit he was wearing the last time I saw him, and he looked even more distracting. And I was inside his car if I may repeat which absolutely great.

"Oh hey," He mumbled, momentarily looking at me before returning his focus back to the streets, a distinct smile curving onto his lips. "You're finally awake, I thought you weren't going to until tomorrow."

I gulped, blinking to let myself breathe for a moment before shifting on my seat to fix my posture. I glanced over the rearview mirror hanging on top of the frontal windshield which displayed half of my face. My hair was surprisingly more decent than how I've remembered it, my face was clear of any stains, My fears thankfully didn't come true. After all, Mr. Styles and I just met earlier, and first impressions matter. At least for other people, even if there are three months left of me in high school before I completely leave . Technically it wouldn't even matter anymore if I still meet my periods or not for my grades are probably done. But still, I would never want anyone to know me as that trashcan with the glasses.