Chapter 55

Lizzie's POV.

Seeing as Malcom was attacking Joel I took this as a chance to grab Maddie's attention. I began to bang on the door while yelling help at the top of my lungs. Maddie spots me. I hear a Faint "lizzie" come from her. This grabs Malcom's attention and he immediately goes for her.

"Get away!" He yells while tackling her to the ground. " Maddie!" I cry looking over at Joel, he's knocked out, bleeding from his nose and mouth. I try to get the door open with all of my strength but it's no use, the door was shut closed and it wasn't going to open. Maddie grabbed the closest item to her and smashed it over Malcom's head leaving him lifeless on the ground. This gave Maddie time to pick herself up.

He wasn't down for too long. As soon as Maddie was on her feet she was back down. "let me go you freak!" She says shaking him off her feet. It doesn't work.

Chloe and oli casually walk into the shop not knowing what the hell just happened. "Get off her!" Oli immediately goes to help Maddie. "Joel!" Chloe screeches before running over to him. "Dude wake up!" She shouts into his ear and there's no response.

"Chloe over here!" I yell to grab her attention, she began to look around the room before she spotted me. "Lizzie oh my god!" She makes her way over but is taken down my Malcom.

"Leave her!" He yells before smacking Chloe across the face. Maddie grabbed Malcom's hitting hand and bit it as hard as she could. He lets out a scream. "Get off me you dog!" He says smacking her off his arm. Maddie gets pushed back into shelf's, I watch as each item hits her until the whole shelf consumed her. I feel powerless.

Oli and Chloe rush over to help her and Malcom strikes Oli in the back of his head leaving him unconscious. "Two down two to go!" He laughs. One last push and the door opens, no one noticed me. I grab a flashlight and sneak up on Malcom making sure to be quiet, I signal for the girls to remain quiet while Malcom gives his monologue.

"And at the end of all that I'll make you wish you were dead!" After that final sentence I whack Malcom in the back of head sending him straight down, he looks lifeless. I didn't kill him did I?

Maddie gives me the biggest hug. "Please never leave me again!" She cries into me. I ask Chloe to call the police and tell them what had happened. To break the silence is a groan from Joel. I rush down beside him and hug him, I give Joel a big squeeze.

"I love you so much." I whisper over and over again. "Liz, is that you?" Olis croaky voice says. I hear Maddie rush over to him. "Oli oh my god I'm so happy you're awake!"

Out of nowhere I feel so one hug back, I don't even question who it is. I just hug back. They feel warm. I shift my eyes over to Malcom, I can't see if he's breathing. The thought of him no longer being alive scares me and I began to panic.

"What did the police say?" Maddie asks. Chloe smiles. "They're on their way, they'll be here soon." She moves her eyes down to Malcom. "And he will get what he deserves." She grunts.

I gulp. "I actually think, Uh, I think he's dead." I nervously squeeze out. Chloe began to clap. "I hope so, what a douche." She smirks. Chloe made everything better.

— — —

"And did he harm you in any way, shape or form before this incident?" The police officer says, I shake my head in response. "No."

I hear my parents cry as I talk to the police officers, luckily Jessica is no where to be seen. "Uh, Elizabeth we have some upsetting news." A lightly dressed paramedic approached me. I get up from where I was sitting and make my way out to Joel ambulance. "The knock to the head burst a blood vessel in Joel's Brain, he is also suffering a very very severe concussion along with irreversible brain damage. we're sorry, he won't make it..."

"What? That's not possible, how long has he Been..."

"At least a good hour, I'm sorry Elizabeth, I under-"

"That can't be possible, a half hour ago he hugged me!" I began to cry.

"Elizabeth, that wasn't him, he's gone. I'm sorry"

I close my eyes, I want everything to stop but then I see him...

I hugged you, you didn't see me.
You didn't see me,  nobody did.
I was gone but...
One last kiss before I leave, forever.
One last glance before I go, never to be seen again. One last I love you before I disappear.
Lizzie, you've got this, trust me.
Times are going to be hard but I'm watching over you,
from the sky above, sending down the most purist and lightest love.
It's okay though, cause you'll see me soon. When times are hard,  just look at the moon,
I'll be there. Waiting.
Goodbye Elizabeth.
The end.

I'm going to write a second book that continues on from this. Ngl I cried writing this. But this tips the end, for now.