chapter 13

Joel's POV

LDshadowlady was acting weird. She's never like that. I look up to see Lizzie run out of the lunch hall. "I'm going to go see if she's okay." I leave the table I'm sitting at. "Awe cute!" Bobby screams at me. I glare at him. It doesn't last long. I start laughing. I catch up with Lizzie. "Lizzie, are you okay?" I'm slightly out of breath. "I just can't believe this." She's laughing but angry at the same time. "What happened?" I look into her bright blue eyes. "Can we talk outside instead of the middle of the hall?"  Lizzie asks. I agree and we start walking. We get to the main door and leave the building. "What's going on?" I ask. She looks at me. "Joel?" Her hair starts blowing in the wind. "Are you?" She stops. "Am I what?" There's an awkward silence. "No forget it." She walks back inside. Did I say something? What's going on? I really hope I didn't upset her. "Joel!" I hear Maddie say. "Hey!" I walk one to her. "Your lizzies sister right?" I ask. She nods. "What happened yesterday on the bus?" She asks. "Nothing just some misunderstanding. To be honest I'm not even sure what the disagreement was about." I tell her. Maybe she can tell me what's going on with Lizzie. "Oh okay!" I see my sister Chloe in he corner of my eye. "nil!" I shout. "Tá!" She replay. We talk in Irish sometimes seeing as our mum is Irish. Nil means no and tá means yes. Maddie looked confused. "You're olis friend right?" Her face turns red. Oh my god I don't even want to know where this is going. "Yeah why?" I question. She hands me a piece of paper. "Give it to him. Don't read it or show it to my sister okay!" Maddie walks away before I can agree to give the note to oli. I wonder what it says. There relationship is weird. I walk back into the lunch hall. "Ol!" I say and hand him the note. "What's that?" Yammy asks. Then I notice lizzies sitting back with us. What's going on up there. "Is it from..you know?" Oli nudges me. "Yeah. I taught!" He put his hand over my mouth. "Thanks Joel! I shall cherish the letter your mum wrote me!" She awkwardly says. "Your mum?" Lizzie giggles. I taught she was angry with me. "I mean she's more your mum than mine!" I answer Lizzie also giggling. "What?" Lauren laughs. Now out table is in stitches. "Well she's not related to me so." I smirk at Lizzie making her blush. "I'm leaving goodbye!" Oli hands up and leaves. "He really makes it hard for me to be angry with him." Lizzie giggles. I raise my eyebrow. "Why are you angry with him?" I push in olis chair. "Wait, was that even real?" She says to herself. " "Liz, was what real?" Yammy rubs her shoulder. "Maybe I was knocked out. I must have dreamed the whole thing!" We all look confused at her. "I had a dream where Scott and oli came to my house and rang me to a park so Leah and her group could throw eggs at me!" I try my best not to laugh. Remember Joel, you don't want to mess things up.
I start cracking my knuckles. "Just laugh Joel I hate when people crack their knuckles." Lizzie laughs. How did she know I crack my knuckles when I want to laugh? I've only told LDshadowlady. Then it hits me. "Your her!" I stand up. "What?" She looks at me confused. "I can't believe it!" Then Lizzie catches my drift. "Smallishbeans?" Lizzie stands up. "LDshadowlady?" We look at each other. She hugged me. Tight.