Chapter 52 (short)

Joel's POV

"Have you got anything?" I asked maddie. "Well I thought this would be worth mentioning although it's not something to look in on, so you know that shopkeeper you don't like?" I stood and thunk for a moment, she was obviously referring to Malcom. "Go on?"

"He's been acting a little off, like he knows something. Like I was in his shop and I could have sworn I heard lizzies Siri go off, but he told me I was hearing things. Then I went back over and he left the election in the shop, by herself, she could have robbed anything! That's not like him!" Maddie explained.

"What the hell? He has to be included in this, somehow." I knew from the second I seen Malcom that he wasn't as innocent as he lead out to be.

"Wait, did Chloe not tell you to stay away from him?" Maddie froze. "We should get to class." She rushed away before I could get another word in.

I was debating on mitching to have a word with Malcom or just leave it until later. I know that I shouldn't leave it but I don't want to get questioned by he school.

I had maths now and our teacher was so dull he wouldn't even notice if I wasn't there. Maybe I could get away with it. I was going to at least chance it.

I couldn't tell maddie where I was off to or what I was going to do. She would kill me, even though she was warned to stay away from him. I knew he had something to do with this story I just didn't know what part he played.

I entered his shop and to my surprise he wasn't there. "Hello?" I called out. I didn't get an answer. "Anyone here?" I called out again. "He'll be back soon." A voice answer back.

They sounded like they were in a different room. "Do you know where I could find him?" I asked. I wasn't letting him out this easy.

"No idea. When he left he sounded angry, what's your name? I'll tell him you stopped by." The voice replied. I gave her my name.

"Joel-" the voice got cut off by the sound of Malcom walking in. "Joel hey!" He said