I Just Hope The Baby is Okay

Eleanor's POV

"Hunter, is there something you aren't telling me?" I asked him sitting up a little. He looked odd, a little scared maybe. "Love it's okay, you can tell me anything." I said rubbing his chest. He took a deep breath and finally spoke. "You remember when the doctor pulled me away right after she first saw you and I told you that she asked me a question?" He said. I nodded telling him to go on. "Well she didn't ask me a question, she told me that because of the severity of your head trauma that there is very little chance that you will get your sight back." I could not believe that, not only that I might not get my sight back but that Hunter lied to me. I just sat back slowly in bed and rested my hands on my stomach rebind ever so gently. "I'm so sorry baby, I just didn't want to worry you." He said wrapping his arms around me pulling me into him and kissing my forehead."Just drop it Hunter, I really don't want to talk about it." I said then instinctively snuggled into his chest and fell asleep. 

Hunters POV

I feel so bad for lying to her. But I had to, I didn't want to worry her anymore then she already was. I sung her to sleep than layer there restless the rest of the night. I finally fell asleep around 4 in the morning but didn't stay asleep to long in between the nurses coming in and doing there usual checks. Around 8 I woke up to the doctor checking Eleanor's vision, "How is she doing?" I asked her doctor. "I'm sorry but there is no change, we do want to keep her here for a few more days to monitor everything and monitor the baby." "The baby is alright though right." I asked worriedly placing a hand on Eleanor's stomach. "Oh yes, it's just a precaution." She said then walked out of the room.  A few days later we are cleared to leave finally, I could tell she was so happy. The doctor had just left the room after I signed the release papers when my mom walked in with some clothes for Eleanor. I was about to walk out to give her some privacy when I felt someone grab my arm, I turned around to see Eleanor giving me a worried/scared look. "Can you help me?" She asked in a small voice. "Of course sweetheart." I said turning around and helping her up. I untied the hospital gown and it fell to the floor, she covered herself up almost as if she was ashamed of her body. "Hey love what's wrong?" I asked her while rubbing her arms. "Don't look at me, I'm so fat." She said. "Baby you are not fat, you are pregnant, and even if you weren't pregnant you would not be fat." I said pulling her arms and wrapping them around my waist then wrapping me arms around her shoulders pulling her into a hug. "I don't know why, I just feel uncomfortable." She whispered into my neck. "Okay sweetie, I'll help you change and I promise not to look." I said kissing her forehead. She nodded her head in response and I changed her into Yoga pants and one of my shirts, we packed everything up and I wrapped an arm around her waist to help her out. We walked outside the hospital and Eleanor stopped, "What's wrong." I asked.

Eleanor's POV

When we walked outside it felt so amazing, I stopped and Hunter asked me what was wrong. "The fresh air… It feels so good, I haven't been outside for almost a week. I hate being cooped up inside all day." I said taking a deep breath, I heard Hunter chuckle then felt him lean in and kiss my forehead. I heard a car pull up and Hunter whisper "Okay our ride is here." He brought me over to the car and open the door. He helped me in the put our bags in the trunk. I heard the other door open and then felt him grab my hand. "Thanks for picking us up Sam." Hunter said. "No problem man." He said then drove off. Once we got home Hunter came around and opened my door and helped me out. We walked up to the door and he opened it, I heard some hushed voices and thought something was up. "Surprise." I heard people screaming. I jumped and found my way closer into Hunter's side. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me "It's okay sweetheart, no one is going to hurt you." I felt someone walk up and take my hands, "Hey Eleanor, it's dad." He said. I wrapped my arms around him. "How are you doing?" He asked rubbing my back. "I'm okay, still a little sore." I said pulling away. I'm so glad you are okay." He said, I could tell he was crying. "Oh daddy, please don't cry." I said reaching up and wiping the tears from his cheeks.