The Big Surprise

Eleanor's POV

I got a call from Carrie, she told me that Hunter texted her and told her that we found out we were having a girl and she wanted to take me out to do some shopping. I agree do it because I really needed to hang out with a girl. Don't get me wrong, I love Hunter and he is always there and so sweet but he doesn't understand the girl things I am going through. I went upstairs to get dressed, I walked past the empty room in our house and saw Hunter moving some stuff around. I cleared my throat and he whipped around, "what are you still doing here. I thought you were going out with Carrie?" He said nervously. "I just came up to get ready first." I told him. "Oh okay, do you need help." He asked me. "No I'm good, carry on with what you are doing." I told him while giggling then walked away to our room to change. "It took a little while because of my baby bump but I did it. I walked back and Hunter was still in the room he was in before, it looked like he was planning something. "Okay, I'm headed out I said to him." "Okay." He said turning around and walking towards me. "Take care of yourself and have fun." He told me while hugging me. He then kneeled down and rubbed my baby bump and said "Be good for mommy." Then he kissed it. That was the cutest thing ever, he is going to be such a great father. He helped me down the stairs and just as we reached the bottom there was a knock on the door. Hunter ran to open it and in walked Carrie, she hasn't seen me since a little after I found out I was pregnant so she asked if she could feel my bump. We talked for a few minutes then left. Hunter came over and wrapped his arms around my waist, he said "I hope you have an amazing time, I'll miss you both." He took a hand and rubbed my belly than moved that hand to my my cheek and leaned in and kissed me. We broke apart when we heard Carrie saying "Awwww." We walked out into the car and headed off to wherever she was taking me. 

Hunters POV

Once Carrie and Eleanor left I called Sam and told him that the coast was clear for him and the guys to head over. I waited a few minutes before they all walked in, so full of energy and yelling. "Let's get this nursery ready for baby Hayes." Matt yelled. I laughed and told them what we were going to be doing. We painted he walls a pale pink then painted her name on the wall above where her crib was going to be placed. The we assembled the furniture, it was all white to compliment the pink. We put together the crib, then the changing table. We finished off with the dresser then put the accent carpets around the room and put the rocking chair by the window. I out all the outfits hung up in the closet and made sure all the diapers and wipes and things like that were all out in their place and stocked. I took a step back and looked at everything, it looked perfect Eleanor is going to love it. I texted Carrie to see where they were and to let her know we were pretty much ready whenever they were. 

Eleanor's POV

I was having an amazing time with Carrie, she was like the sister I never had. It was nice to have someone to talk to, we've gone in to a few stores and she had bought some stuff for the baby. I can already tell she is going to be spoiled. Carrie has also got a few things for me which I told her not to but I lost that fight. My feet and back started to hurt and my ankles started to sweep up so we had to sit down. We went to a casual restaurant and got some lunch. After we were done we went to a few more stores then she told me we could go back home. I think she is up to something, she has been on her phone texting an awful lot. I didn't care though I just wanted to go home and relax with my husband. As we were pulling into the driveway Hunter came running out the door, dang did he miss me or something. As soon as the car stopped moving he opened my door and leaned in to kiss me. What is wrong with him, I won't complain though. He helped me walk in, I turned around and saw Carrie following us with a huge grin. Okay something is definitely up, "should I be afraid?" I ask Hunter. "No of course not he responds." He walks me upstairs, when we get to the top he has Carrie cover my eyes while he leads me somewhere. "He says when Carrie moves her hands to open my eyes. As soon as she does I open my eyes and I am in tears instantly. I look around the room he was in earlier, the walls are painted and there is baby furniture that matches the wall perfectly. The closet it filled with baby clothes, there are tons and tons of diapers in the closet and on the changing table as well. I go over to the crib and see a few small stuffed animals as well as a cute blanket. I look at the window and see a rocking chair and sit down in it. I am full on crying now. Hunter tells me to look on the wall behind the crib, I don't know how I missed it. I walk over and look at it for a few minutes before I feel Hunter's arms wrap around my waist and start rubbing my tummy lightly and then kiss my neck. "It's perfect Hunter." I whisper to him. I continue to look at the wall at my daughter's name painted on the wall in cursive. I whisper her name to Hunter, "Natalie." 

Love Y’all!! 

Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter & YouTube: @hunterhayesvt