Chapter 29 - The Spirit of a Fairy

Hope you all enjoy the part 2 of the battle!

It kind of went its own way. Had entirely different plans (though, of course, similar) for this, buuuuuuuut it had a mind of its own, it seems

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Read and Review!
Disclaimer: Tite Kubo and Hiro Mashima are, of course, the proud owners of Bleach and Fairy Tail. I'm the proud owner of whatever this mashup is XD

__________________________________

Lucy barely looked up, even as Ichigo jumped in and helped Grimmjow fight Aizen. She didn't even look anywhere at all - she kept her eyes closed where she was lying on the ground.

Because she knew the first thing she'd see if she opened them would be Fairy Tail. Their disdain. And their hate. For her.

And that's just how they were supposed to look at her, wasn't it? With how Aizen had showed them and made them think, of course they would... But it wasn't her hands which had killed them. It wasn't her... Right?

She wanted to roll over and curl up on herself, but her tired, beaten body protested even the slightest movement. All energy had been drained from her completely. She didn't have much reiatsu or magic left either - that battle had been much too long. And she was useless now.

She felt a gentle presence by her side and a similar feeling covering her in warmth. "Lucy! Are you okay?" Orihime called out. Though the answer to that should be completely transparent - obviously she wasn't okay.

But the blonde knew the girl wasn't asking about that kind of 'okay', so she sighed lightly. "I'll be fine. Don't waste your energy on me." She said with a lot less power behind her voice than she had intended there to be.

She could feel the girl's troubled look on her at that statement. "But... You can't even stand up..." She slowly pointed out.

Lucy finally opened her eyes, staring straight up at the young girl intensely. "There is nothing for you to heal." She harshly snapped at her, eyes squinted in a light glare.

The girl recoiled a little at the harsh words, a hurt look passing through her eyes. Nonetheless it was true - the blonde's real wounds weren't so easy to heal. They weren't even on the outside. That was why she couldn't heal her.

Despite her body's protests, Lucy rolled over on her side, keeping her back to both Orihime and Fairy Tail. None of them understood anything about her situation, did they?

Even if they did, they probably wouldn't forgive her for what had been done, though. Either for not doing anything at the time or for not saying anything about it.

But... She didn't tell them because she didn't want to lose them. She didn't want to lose their kind smiles and laughs. Couldn't lose that love of theirs. Because it was all she had left of them. Of this world. Her old life...

She had nothing if she didn't have that.

The loss of it had tackled her to this degree; so far down she'd created a crater she couldn't crawl out of no matter how much she tried. She couldn't imagine an existence without it.

That was something she'd just have to live without though, wasn't it? She... Couldn't really do anything about it now. It wasn't like she could revive someone from the dead.

They hated her. They had to. She could already feel their daggers, thrown at her turned back. And she was too much of a coward to face that right now. She couldn't face their wrath.

She really hadn't wanted them to know this.. She knew what they thought - that she was simply a cold-blooded killer now, who'd do it for sport. It went completely against what she'd been taught in this place; the very values they held and Fairy Tail embodied.