Chapter 16 - Her Past

Here you go - today's chapter~!

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Read and review!
Disclaimer: As you all should honestly know by now, the two stories combined here belongs to Hiro Mashima and Tite Kubo. Not me.

__________________________________

"Since you will be staying around here until the end of this war, we decided it appropriate that you at least know the faces of our enemies." Hitsugaya told Lucy as he brought her into a room in Orihime's house she'd yet to be in.

It was small and completely empty, save for the gigantic screen which covered the back wall. Definitely something these Shinigami installed when they moved here. There was no way something like this was Orihime's.

"I talked with the Captain Commander - the strongest of Soul Society's captains, as I'm sure Matsumoto told you. As you have no training in combat, we decided it would be for the best if you are taught to heal instead with the little time we have. That way, you can also participate without being a hindrance" He told her curtly.

She nodded. "That sounds good." She agreed. It suited her fine - she didn't mind not being on the front lines for once. Besides, she's always wished she could heal just like Wendy every time she was travelling with Natsu by train. So if it was as common as it seemed to be here, she was most definitely more than willing to give it a shot. She just hoped her lack of reiatsu wouldn't get in the way...

"Right." He said as the screen turned on with a blink. "Should you be so unfortunate as to stumble across any of the faces we are about to show you; run." He added somewhat darkly, making her gulp. They were really that dangerous? They had to be with what they'd pulled off already... "Now, let me introduce you to the Captain of the 1st division, the Captain Commander of Soul Society." He then said with an entirely different tone.

She looked up from Hitsugaya to the screen to see the face of an old man on the other side of it. He had a long, white beard and similarly long eyebrows. Apart from that, he was bald, which showed off the crossed battle-scar on his forehead. He seemed kind, just like Master Makarov. So this was their 'guild master'...

"Hello, child." He greeted her with his old, croaky voice, pushing her out of the trance she was in.

Her eyes widened and she quickly bowed by the hip, not wanting to seem rude towards this man. "Greetings, Captain Commander. Thank you for taking such good care of me so far." She quickly said, knowing that if he didn't give the green lights, Hitsugaya would kick her out - head first - before she could even blink.

A chuckle escaped the old man. "Please, just call me Genryusai." He said. She straightened up and was about to introduce herself as well, when he cut her to it. "Captain Hitsugaya has told me of your situation - I am sorry for any trouble this has caused you, however we do not have the resources to remedy this issue at present. I hope you can have patience with us just a little while longer." He said sort of apologetically.

She nodded, easily accepting the apology. "It's okay, I don't mind staying here." She honestly told him. And she really didn't, that was most definitely the truth. Either way, there was nothing to be done. Their victory in this war was far more important than her comfort.

He nodded as well, a faint smile on his lips. "That is good. Captain Hitsugaya and Lieutenant Matsumoto have told you of the current situation as well, I am sure?" he asked.

She nodded, but Hitsugaya was the one who answered. "Yes, we have told her of the war and that we wish for her to assist with healing however she can." He confirmed.