Chapter 28 - The Battle Begins

I just wanted to thank you all for all the comments and support the last few chapters, it's been awesome! I know I absolutely suck at replying to comments and the like, but just know I read every single one of them. Several times sometimes too. So yeah.. It really makes me happy and keeps me going!

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Read and review!
Disclaimer: Nope, Fairy Tail and Bleach go to Hiro Mashima and Tite Kubo. Can't take the credit for that.

__________________________________

A blaze of flames erupted at Lucy's right - the unmistakable heat letting her know exactly who it was - not that she hadn't expected this to happen sooner or later. "Natsu! Don't come any closer!" She yelled at the one she'd called her best friend.

The flames only got even angrier and bigger around him, his slitted gaze directed solely at Aizen, who was extremely calm about this whole situation. "I won't let you face this guy alone, Luce! I'll beat him up!" He yelled back at her with a steady voice. Still now - or perhaps especially now - he really couldn't let go of his protectiveness of her, huh?

Still, the thought of having him face this Aizen scared her out of her mind. "NO!" She yelled back, a burst of magic pushing him back forcefully. This was not the same as back when he'd fought this guy last. She wouldn't let any of them get involved in this fight - they weren't suited for this kind of person at all.

"But Luce.." Natsu tried to protest getting himself ready to fight again despite her orders.

She gritted her teeth, taking her gaze off Aizen's face for just a moment. "I'll be fine." She promised the Dragon Slayer hurriedly, turning to the Rune mage, who'd luckily returned from his mission. "Freed, your strongest!" She ordered, just barely catching the wide-eyed nod.

Aizen quickly took advantage of the welcome distraction, hitting her non-too-gently in the chest, sending her flying back in front of them all. Of course, the hit had only been for show, really, so she easily regained her composure again.

Panting in both anger and surprise she returned the glare to the man before her. "You damn bastard." She growled. To think even a man like him would sink to such a pathetic level he would only attack once she was busy making sure everyone was safe. So dishonorable, it was disgusting.

He simply smirked back, a single brow raised cockily. "Well, you could have just paid attention, could you not? If I do not remember all wrong, you started this little scuffle of ours." He shot back.

She narrowed her eyes at him incredulously. Was he really going to start the 'who started' argument right now? He killed her, so he was ultimately at fault here.

She growled under her breath. She wanted to tell him that, but knew that was what he was fishing for. "I won't let it happen again." She reassured him.

It was only just now she noticed, but it looked like he'd undergone at least some sort of transformation. His reiatsu felt different, somehow... But maybe that was just what killing so many people and absorbing their souls did to you. Damn bastard could only be short a few lives by now. Luckily, it seemed she'd made it in time to save everyone from Fairy Tail. If nothing else, there was that.

He smiled brightly at her comment. A moment later, their zanpakuto were clashing between them. "That sounds good." He said lowly, to which she could feel shivers run down even her tail. God damn it, he was disgusting.

She gritted her teeth at the pressure she was facing against, glaring fiercely right into his eyes. With a burst of whatever force she could muster in her muscles, she managed to physically push him back a single step. The distance allowed her to spin and send a kick right towards his face.