Chapter 9 - Reunions

You're all so lewd, jeez. Why's that the first you have to comment on when I go and make a connection to her Spirits through the number 69 on her hand? XD 
God. Well, but you're right, I guess it's also that.
I made a mistake last chapter, actually. It's not Pisces' sign, it's Cancer's. I swear, Cancer is generally just unlucky - not only is its name a pretty horrifying disease, it also has that sign. But what can you do?

Oh, and fun fact: The 1st Espada, Stark, also has his number on his left hand.

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Read and Review!
Disclaimer: Give praise to our holy lords, Tite Kubo and Hiro Mashima, they're our true saviors..!

__________________________________

Lucy quickly jumped back, feeling the wind of the blade swinging down right in front of her. Had she been just a little bit slower about that, she'd have been sliced in half.

She'd tried this before... She knew this scenario. It was so deeply rooted in her. Of course it was - this was the way she died after all.

Before she even had her balance back from the jump, she threw her hand forward, twisting her arm to make the whip fly out. It flashed forward and soon wrapped around her opponent's thin sword and arm.

Gin. The opponent before her was Gin. The one who killed her and now would again.

Judging by the pitying look she was rewarded from the eyes which seemed to always be closed and smiling, it was clear he didn't doubt his victory in this battle. Alas, he tilted his wrist up and, with a forceful pull, cut straight through the magical weapon.

She remembered all this so vividly. Every detail. She knew exactly what was going to happen and how this all ended.

Damn it! This guy was leagues above her in terms of fighting-strength and experience. She stood no chance!

It didn't really feel like she was reliving this.. It was more like she was watching it all through her own eyes.

Nonetheless, she quickly drew out a pair of golden keys. She looked at her opponent with a grim but determined look. "Open! Gate of the Golden Bull! Gate of the Lion!" She chanted, seeing some confusion in her opponent's expression. "Taurus! Leo!" She almost screamed. She might not be able to beat this guy, but she could at least hold him back until the others arrived.

No matter how much she tried, she couldn't change what she did. She was stuck in a cage, forced to watch her life crumble all over again.

Immediately as her two Spirits appeared, they jumped right into action. Taurus charged straight forward with his axe held above his head. He swung it down as soon as the enemy was within range. The giant axe was soon blocked by a thin blade.

Oh, Taurus, Loke. Her heart ached both at the sight of them after so, so long, but also at the knowledge of what was soon to happen.

Meanwhile, Loke crept up from the back, his fist already pulsing with magic. When the enemy noticed his approach, it already seemed too late. "Regulus-" Loke began, but was cut off.

She couldn't help wondering... Did they miss her as much as she missed them?

"Bakudō Four." The enemy calmly stated, yet with some power in his voice, as he pointed his free fingertips towards the Lion Spirit. He didn't turn to watch the cackling yellow magic wrap around Loke tightly like vines. Instead, he easily deflected Taurus' axe and angled his blade to cut the Spirit's arm off. That was enough to send the Bull back to the Celestial Realm with a pained cry.