More Love Confessions

(17)

We all made our way over to the small group of Acrton members who were gathering around Cyrus as he spoke. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but I figured it had something to do with us leaving. My hands shook slightly as we approached them, I needed to seem confident but the closer we got the most my confidence drained. I quickly clenched my fists and kept my head up as Cyrus turned his attention to us, revealing Blake standing behind him.

    "If what you say is true, then you should have no problem with what I'm about to say." Oh way to go Mazy, that didn't seem manipulative at all, I mentally scold myself.

    "What I said is true, but I can't promise that I won't have a problem with what you are going to say." Cyrus answers, a small smirk playing on his lips. It was evident he saw me as more of a joke than any sort of threat.

    "If you really want to take down the Republic of Amly we will help you," I pause, watching his face. He straightens up a little, obviously not expecting that, "the only condition is that you and my father can not be sole leaders of two seperate groups. Having this sort of segregated environment is not going to get us to work together. It will always appear as us verse you. From now on we are one group, run by a counsel of 6. Three members of Arcton and three of us."

    "Alright, our side will be Blake, Sage, and myself." Cyrus says, easily agreeing.

    "No. Not you. We see you as nothing but the man who lied to us. Blake, Sage, and someone else aside from you. Then Nolan, Alec, and I." I say, crossing my arms and hoping that I appear more confident than I am. Now that I'm saying this to him and the other members of Arcton I realize how big the pill is to swallow. I watch him carefully as he thinks over the deal. I figured I had the upper hand, he needed people and they all had more to lose.

    "Alright, Elijah should take the final seat." He says causing an older man to step forward. He seems rather confused by the suggestion, but doesn't object. "He was in communication with the Republic the most, he knows how they think." Cyrus says sending him a nod.

    "Alright, this means from now on it is not us and you, we are one group. There can be no more secrets. To prove this, we have something to tell you," I start but Nolan grabs my arm, pulling me back a little and giving me a confused look. I glance over at Enzo who is standing in the back of the group and Nolans jaw quickly clenches before he releases my arm. "Blake, I told you that the soldier that gave us the information about the Republic went the opposite way of us, but he didn't. We let him join our group because he said he was trying to get away from the Republic. He is still with us, and standing right back there." I say and nod back to Enzo. I look back at him to find his eyes full of hurt. Sucks don't it buddy.

    "What? He would know this wasn't a refugee camp." Blake says confused.

    "Yeah we just came to that realization. I don't know what his plans are, but it seems to me that the counsel has its first order of business."

------

    As we made our way to the building in the middle of town I made a mental list of everything we needed to talk about. I wanted Enzo to be at the bottom of the list, wanting to avoid that conversation for as long as possible. Sadly my list wasn't very long.

    One, living situation, two, Enzo.

    Once we the six of us are in the small room they Cyrus used as a conference room of sorts. There was a table in the middle with some chairs and a map of the United States on the wall. There were different colored pens scattered across it. I shut the door and turn to the others as we all take a seat. "Before we talk about Enzo, I think we should talk about what we are going to do about the winter we have ahead of us. There's still two months of winter left and it's only going to get colder. I think we should move somewhere where everyone can have an actual roof over their head. It'll start snowing soon and I doubt the tents can hold that weight."