What's With Enzo?

(11)

We make it back just in time for dinner, most of us exhausted from the walk. I sit and eat, listening to the others talk. Alec sits down next to me and smirks, this'll be great. "Did you hit the target?" He asks, his smirk never fading.

I roll my eyes, smiling a little. "No, but I got close." Ever since Alec moved in everything with him is a competition. Things like who could get to school first, who could get a date to the prom first, who could sell more team wear for our entrepreneur class, anything that could be turned into a competition was.

"I hit it on the second shot." He smirks, dusting off his shoulder. I chuckle and shake my head. I guess the end of the world can change a lot of things, but not his competitive spirit. God help us.

"I'm glad you finally got to hit something, I just didn't think your first time would be with a tin can." I smirk. His smile falters as he lets out a dry chuckle.

"Always so witty." He chuckles, shaking his head. "I can't believe that in two days we will be fighting the Republic," he quickly changes the topic. "My father always did want me to go to war. He'd say 'that's where real men are made.'"

"Aren't you nervous? They've had years of training, by then we will only have had three days of training."

"Maybe a little but we have these guys and the element of surprise. In the movies that's all you need." He smirks and shrugs.

"Right, all the tin cans out there better watch out, Alec Blooms coming for you." I chuckle as he nudges me with his shoulder. "I'm sure they're shaking in fear." I chuckle.

"I'm serious! think we can take them. And hey, I bet I can get to Sam faster than you." He smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"A turtle could get anywhere faster than me Alec, that's not much of a bet. Honestly I just hope we aren't getting to her too late." Alec's smirk falls as our conversation takes more of a serious turn.

"Alec," we both look up to see Sage making her way over, interrupting our awkwardly silent moment "I'm to show you how to clean your gun. Come on." She nods her head toward the entrance of the town.

"Well my drill sergeants calling." He lets out a dry chuckle and stands up, "and yours is making his way over, maybe it's us who should be shaking in fear." He chuckles and walks off to follow Sage just as Blake reaches the fire.

"Hey, I'm suppose to teach you how to clean your gun. Sorry to say it's not as much fun as it sounds." He smirks. Right cause it sounded like so much fun to begin with. I follow him back into the building and then to my room. "Cyrus took the lock off. He figured you might as well stay here since your things are already in here." Blake opens the door and motions for me to enter. I walk past him and sit on the bed, crossing my legs.

Blake sits down next to me and pulls out the same gun we used at the field earlier today. "This is actually mine, but most pistols are close to the same. You should be getting yours tomorrow once your friends return. Alright now keep in mind I'm not completely taking it apart, this is just so it can get cleaned. It's good to do this after using it, so it doesn't malfunction. First you eject the clip, and remove the bullet in the chamber," he pushes the switch on the side and pulls the clip out the pulls back the piece on top causing the bullet to come out. He takes the bullet and places it back in the clip, "now you want to take the slide off, to do this place it in your palm and pull it back just a little, then pull these notches on both sides on the gun and push the slide forward till it comes off." He demonstrates it, showing me where the notches are and taking the slide off. "Then you just need to take the barrel and the spring off." He finishes taking it apart and sets the four pieces on the bed between us.