eighteen

⌜ chapter eighteen ⌟

"Hey, what are you doing today?" Miller asks Jason as he gets up from the couch and heads over to the kitchen to look for breakfast.

"I'm going with Eric so that he can take his driver's test." He tells him. "Then we can finally go places."

"Dude, you could drive before you could walk."

"Yes, but I have no license." Jason says. "If he has a license, we can finally take the car."

"And by that, he means they can finally take the car with permission." Letty corrects, and Jason shrugs.

"What the Matthews don't know can't hurt them." He reasons, and the other two exchange an amused look.

"I didn't think Eric had the balls to take the car without his parents permission." Miller says, closing the cabinet after deciding that he's had enough cereal for one week.

"Are you kidding?" Jason laughs. "I don't think there's anything he won't do if Scar asks."

"And yet you and the dumbass have a double date tonight...that she's not partaking in."

"They're in a fight." He whispers, and the irritated brunette hits him with a pillow.

Letty hasn't talked to Eric in a little over a month. Well, she hasn't hung out with him at his house in that long anyway, but she's talked​ to him at school a little bit. He's still mad at her for leaving him in his backyard instead of finishing their conversation.

"That's still happening?" Miller questions as he looks over at her. "What the hell happened anyway?"

"Yes, Scar, do tell him."

"You know?" Letty asks as she looks up at Jason.

"Who the hell else is he supposed to ask?" He questions, now on his feet as he walks into the kitchen as well. "You won't tell him anything."

"Tell him what?" Miller asks. "Hello! I'm still waiting."

"She has a secret admirer." He tells the younger boy. "A guy who goes by J that sends her letters and presents."

"J?" The boy with the dirty-blond hair looks back at her. "Not..?"

"Yes, him. Now shut up." Letty tells him. "Wait... You didn't tell Eric, did you?"

"No, I didn't tell him anything." Jason says, and she sighs in relief. "But I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, unless Eric's right to be insecure. Are you waiting for him to come back because you have feelings for him?"