sixteen

⌜ chapter sixteen ⌟

Letty and Eric walk into the kitchen at his house and they see both his brother and Shawn dancing. It's an odd sight to say the least, possibly more jumping around than dancing really.

"Come here, guys." Eric gets between them, and the younger boys sit at the table. "Now... Would this bother you? Alright, your name is Brianna Henshaw. You're the best looking girl in school."

"Wait, isn't that Scarlett?" Shawn asks, and she narrows her dark eyes at him.

"What did you do?" She questions.

"Nothing." He says and then quickly looks back at Eric. "Continue."

"So, one day you see me accidentally​ stumble into your best friend, Debbie, and inadvertently French-kiss her." He says, and the brunette shakes her head as he places his hand on Shawn's shoulder. "Now you won't go out with me. Why won't you go out with me?"

Cory looks at Letty. "You didn't explain this to him?" He questions.

"It's your brother, he doesn't listen." She says, and he looks back at Eric.

"I'm a little bit Country. You're a little bit Rock'N'Roll." Shawn says, and she chuckles.

"Hey, Eric. You like this girl — well, then, you gotta take a big risk. I know about this." Cory says as they both walk over to the island counter, stopping on opposite ends of it.

"Oh, you do?" Eric questions. "Well, I'm always eager to get romantic advice from a fetus."

"The point is, you're never going to win her over unless you do something bold, unless you take a risk." Cory tells his brother. "That's how I live my life. I'm Risk Boy." He says as he then stands up straight and places his hands on his hips in a superhero pose.

"Uh-huh." Letty then looks back over at Shawn. "Hey, Risk Boy's little sidekick — what did you do that you think I'm gonna be mad about?"

"You look really pretty today. I mean, you're pretty every day, but today there's​ something different." Shawn says, and she nods slowly. "Special."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, bud." She tells him as Eric walks around the counter. "What did you do?"

"I opened your letter." He says as he stands up and pulls an envelope out of his pants pocket.

"Shawn!" The brunette yells, and he quickly holds it away from her. "I'm taller and faster. I can get it from you."

Eric then quickly grabs the envelope from the twelve-year-old. "Can you get it from me?" He asks as he looks at his best friend.