five

FIVE

"Hey, I need help. What are we supposed to do here again?" Letty asks as she points at a problem in the math textbook that's sitting on the table in front of her.

"I don't know, you were paying more attention than I was." Eric tells her, and she sighs as she drops her pencil onto his kitchen table.

"I hate homework." The brunette mutters, and then she starts drawing in the margins of her notes with her colored pens instead of studying like she's supposed to be.

"Eric, can you babysit for your brother and sister Friday night?" His mom asks as she walks back into the kitchen.

"Nope, sorry." He says, not looking up from his homework, and Letty smirks as Mrs. Matthews walks up behind him.

"Oh, you misunderstood. You thought I was asking you a question." She muses as she messes with his light brown hair.

"Mom, Aerosmith's Friday." He tells her as he looks up from what he's doing.

"Oh, you heard about that concert too?"

"Yup, I'm taking Heather Ralston." He says, and his friend rolls her dark eyes as she continues drawing.

"Yep, and totally abandoning his best friend." The brunette next to him says. "'Cause it's not like she likes good music or anything."

"She's my girlfriend, Letty."

"Yeah, whatever." She mutters, and turns around to say something to his sister, who's currently sitting on the counter.

The teenage girl's train of thought is thrown totally off course when she sees Morgan throw broccoli into the trash. Letty tries not to laugh at the little girl's actions, not wanting to get the tiny blonde into trouble.

"Oh, I'll call a sitter, and we'll all drive together." Mrs. Matthews says, not realizing what her daughter's doing with the groceries that she just brought home from the store.

"I can watch Cory and Morgan for you, Mrs. Matthews." Letty tells her, and the older woman looks over at the teenager.

"You'd do that?" She asks, and the brunette nods.

"Yeah, Cory's not a problem, and I like hanging out with Morgan." She says as she looks over at the little blonde again.

"Wait, wait, wait. Back up. What do you mean, together?" Eric questions, talking to his mom.

"I mean, your dad and I have tickets too." His mom tells him as she then walks back over to her daughter. "Morgan, have you seen the broccoli?"

"Broccoli? Broccoli?" Morgan looks around at the bags on either side of her. "Nope." She says, and Letty puts her hand over her mouth to cover her smile.