ten

⌜ chapter ten ⌟

"I suck at this!" Letty groans as she slams her math book shut and then turns to face Eric.

"What are you working on?" He asks as he looks over at her.

"Nothing. I'm done with my homework for good. I think I may just drop out of high school, become an artist." She says, and he smirks.

"You're only in the ninth grade." He says, and she shrugs.

"So?"

"So, I think your dad may frown upon that." He says, and she sighs. "You know, maybe I can help you study. I am a year older."

"We're in the same math class." The brunette argues, and he nods.

"Exactly." Eric pulls his chair over and sits down next to her. "Which problem are you stuck on?"

"All of them." She rests her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes. "I say it's nap time, you wanna take a break?"

"We've only been up here for half an hour." He says, and she looks at him, but he's looking at her book.

"Since when do I have to convince you to take a break?" She questions, and he smirks.

"Since I know that you've been struggling with math for awhile now, and your grade is dropping." He says, and she sighs, resting her forehead on his shoulder. "Come on, Letty."

"Why are you mean?" She complains, and he looks at her.

"I'm sure we can figure it out." He says, and she lifts her head to look at him, ready to argue that there's no point and she doesn't want to.

But neither of the teenagers were expecting how close their faces are to each other now, and her dark eyes meet his. Eric's gaze drops to her lips, and she doesn't pull away from him like he thought she was going to. He then starts to lean toward her, and her eyes fall shut.

Morgan suddenly runs into the boys' bedroom, causing the two teenagers to jump and pull apart. The little blonde quickly locks herself in the bathroom, confusing them both. Eric and Letty look at each other, and she raises an eyebrow.

The brunette stands from her seat then and walks over to knock on the closed door. "Hey, kiddo, is everything okay?"

"On the first say of Christmas​, I murdered Santa Claus..." Morgan starts​ singing, and Letty looks back over at Eric with raised brows.

"Uh, maybe you should go get your parents." She tells him, and he nods.

Mrs. Matthews walks into the room soon after, and Eric's not far behind her. "How is she?" They both ask.