fourteen

⌜ chapter fourteen ⌟

"Look at this, little Scarlett Black." A teenage boy says as he walks up behind the brunette in the supermarket while she's working.

"Can I help you with something?" Letty asks; she has to be polite because she's at work and she cannot afford to get fired.

"Yeah, where's the popcorn at?" He asks, and she looks up at the signs because she doesn't have everything memorized. She sees the word snacks and tells him that that would be his best bet.

"Let me know if you need anything else." She says and then starts walking away from him.

"Actually, there is one other thing I need." He tells her, and she stops and turns back to him.

"And what's that?"

"Someone to eat the popcorn with."

"Sorry, we don't​ sell dates." She says, her tone slightly sarcastic.

"Then I guess you'll just have to watch a movie with me and have some of the popcorn." He says, and her eyebrows furrow as she looks at him.

"I'm sorry, one more time?"

He chuckles. "You wanna watch a movie with me?" He asks. "Or are the rumors about you trying to trap the unsuspecting Matthews kid true?"

She forces a smile. "You have a nice day." The brunette says and then starts walking away from him​.

"Touchy subject, I see." He says as he follows after her. "So, you're not dating him then?"

"No, he's crazy about pretty much every other girl in school." She tells him. "And upset because they all want to date a Senior."

"Well, that's his problem." He gets in front of her so that she has to stop walking. "Watch a movie with me."

"I have to get back to work. That's how I get paid around here." She tells him.

He nods slowly. "Say you'll watch a movie with me, and I'll get out of your way." He says.

"How about I think about it?"

"That's better than no." He says with a smile. "I'll go get that popcorn, just in case you decide that you do want to watch that movie sometime."

He walks away from her, and Letty gets back to work. The brunette's busy restocking shelves later, and Eric makes his way over to her. He just looks at his best friend, so she finally turns to him, prompting him to say whatever it is that's on his mind.

"What was that all about with Danny Sommers before?" Eric asks.

"He asked me to watch a movie with him." She tells him.